Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Honest opinions about this name for a girl please!

Honest opinions about this name for a girl please! Lock Rss

Me and DP havn't agreed on a single name and we've talked about so many of them. I saw a thread about names from songs and I started thinking about mine and DP's favourite song which is I smell sex and candy - the cover by Nirvana.

Now I'm loving the name Nirvana!!! It means bliss and liberation.
I really love it now. What are your opinions? And what middle names would go with it? Last name will be Cooper.

LOVE IT!!!

Not sure what middle names though, maybe your first name or your middle name??
i like but have know idea of middle names
Not my cup of tea. I always think about if the child becomes a lawyer, teacher, doctor in the future what type of image the name will portray.

How about Ivana?
I love it.

What about

Nirvana Jane
Nirvana Lee
Nirvana Kate
Nirvana Rose

Not my cup of tea. I always think about if the child becomes a lawyer, teacher, doctor in the future what type of image the name will portray.

How about Ivana?

I have to agree with this I'm afraid. Not a fan of this one.
If i am being honest i like the name but wouldnt dream of calling your baby it.... maybe a pet not a baby...... your baby has to live with the name forever....
I love it, i would look at names that are shorter and traditional for the middle name in case she does end up being a lawyer, teacher, doctor etc as a previous post mentioned, i liked the suggestion Rose. Louise, Grace... im having a mental blank lol
Each to their own with names.
I always imagine if my child had to hand over a business card or get up in front of a group of people would other people take their name seriously.

Not saying that Nirvana isn't serious, as its special to you and your partner and has a great meaning.
If I had Nirvana and Cooper as last name it needs to go with a short middle name like Rae, mae, joy etc or something with only 2 syllables.
I love Nirvana, beautiful name. I may even steal it one day tongue

Who cares if your kid decides to become a lawyer or whatever... They can always change it or just go by their middle name if they want to sound more professional. My kids name is Kody and I can't see him using that name passed 23 unless he becomes a pro surfer or moto-x rider. And what if she chooses to become a yoga instructor or pro surfer (like my son tongue ), the name Nirvana would be perfect.

Love it!

The sentiment is lovely but I do, like you, associate Nirvana with the band and to me I just conjure up images of grunge and dirt because of it.
sorry i don't like it all for a girl

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

You wouldn't be the first a bubs was born in my town last year called nirvana I honestly love it I'm a massive nirvana fan myself grin
It's pretty and I would think hey your parents are pretty cool naming you nirvana there's my opinion smile smile smile
Sign in to follow this topic