Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

spelling Rss

Does anyone spell Savannah like Savana? would you pronounce them the same if you were reading them allowed?
i love the name savannah but very much dislike long written names and 'savana' is much more appealing to me (if its pronounced the same that is)!! thanks we are ttc but enjoy adding to our list as a name arises
when i read it i thought it was pronounced the same as savannah grin
When i read it i pronounced it the same smile

Love the name Savannah/Savana, if our bub no.2 was a girl we would have called him Savannah.
I think these days it doesn't matter how you spell a name but I would have pronounced it Savannah anyway.
I think some ppl would pronoune it Sav-arn-a.Either way it is a nice name.
I also like Havana,which is abit different.
My friend has a Savahna which is pronounced Sa-var-na. She is gorgeous!
I would pronounce them differently. Why not shorten it to Savanna if you're concerned about pronunciation?
i prefer it spelt Savanna or Savannah.

Sorry I prefer the original spelling!
2 letters is not worth a lifetime of spelling out your name!?
Good luck deciding! smile

Spell it the traditional way or the child will spend there whole life correcting people and spelling their name (and probably having their name pronouced incorrectly as well). My sister is a teacher and she really finds it hard with kids having names spelt differently.
Personally the say you would spell it I would say more like anna, and the traditional like arna (if that makes sense)
Spell it the traditional way or the child will spend there whole life correcting people and spelling their name (and probably having their name pronouced incorrectly as well). My sister is a teacher and she really finds it hard with kids having names spelt differently.
Personally the say you would spell it I would say more like anna, and the traditional like arna (if that makes sense)
I think a name like savanah they will have to spell anyway so wouldn't worry too much about the spelling. I would pronounce it the same way and quite like to look of your spelling
Sign in to follow this topic