Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how to pronounce Lock Rss

found my perfect name, for the moment anyway.... smile we have been ttc for a while and started finding names from the beginning, now that time has passed i find myself still searching for that perfect name as we wait to fall.

Avalon
Avalyn

I don't mind if no-one else likes it as i'm head over heels with this name! grin i'd just like to know if they are pronounced the same.. and how are they pronounced best? AY-VAH-LIN or AH-VAH-LIN i like both pronounciations and have already tried calling out the names to which my 3 y/o said "mummy, who is that"!!
Avalon
Avalyn

I would pronounce the first way av-a-lon and the second av-a-lyn

Not really sure if thats how you wanted it pronounced. (im really shocking at pronouncing names)
Hi there,

Avalon is pronounced A-va-lon and Avalyn is pronounced A-va-lin

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

If I were to see this name, I would go with the Ah 'sound' rather than Ay "letter name".

Ah-va-lon or Ah-va-lin. Beautiful names!

The "Ay" reminds me more of "Ay-von" the make up brand.

I LOVE this name, i wanted it for my wee girl but her daddy hated it lol, so we went with Ashlynn.

Anyways I always thought it would be pronounced Ay-va-lon smile Never thought of Ay-va-lyn but I LOVE it!!

I really like like Avalyn but I sorry I think of one of the airports in Melbourne when I hear Avalon cos its a town and airport in the western subs of melbourne sorry
Oh and Avalon is pronoced Av-a-lon

Hi there,

That's exactly how I would pronounce it.

Hi there,

I think its pretty smile

I agree with the OP. Not sure how you want to pronounce it but seeing them on paper I would pronounce them as above.
I like the Av-ah-lon / Av-ah-lyn way of saying it rather then the 'AY' at the beginning.

I like the taditional spelling Avalon but don't want the fully harsh LON sound at the end IYKWIM. names like Ashton and Sandon roll off the tongue nicely rather then ASH-TONN or san-DON. I just want people to say Avalon nicely without putting strong emphasis on the "ON" part...
do you think people will get it, the way we like it said? ...lol soo hard to explain when i have to type the sounds
god i love the name it's super! tongue

Avalon
Avalyn

I would pronounce the first way av-a-lon and the second av-a-lyn

Not really sure if thats how you wanted it pronounced. (im really shocking at pronouncing names)

thats how i would prononunce them too but they are great names

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

I like the Av-ah-lon / Av-ah-lyn way of saying it rather then the 'AY' at the beginning.

I like the taditional spelling Avalon but don't want the fully harsh LON sound at the end IYKWIM. names like Ashton and Sandon roll off the tongue nicely rather then ASH-TONN or san-DON. I just want people to say Avalon nicely without putting strong emphasis on the "ON" part...
do you think people will get it, the way we like it said? ...lol soo hard to explain when i have to type the sounds
god i love the name it's super! tongue

In that case I would go with Avalyn, and once people hear you using it instead of just on paper I think it'll be fine, but if you use the Avalon spelling people will be more likely to emphasise that "ON" sound. smile
Sign in to follow this topic