Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. How do you feel on huggies?

How do you feel on huggies? Lock Rss

Hi Girls another random question! smile The other day a lady posted some names she liked for a girl maybe about 3 0r 4 of them. One of them was my name and I thought wow what a good idea (I love my name my mum chose for me, would never dream of changing it) I was just about to reply when I started reading the other replies....everyone was saying that they did not like the name some even hated it! Not one person said they liked it! So I ddin't reply after that!!! I don't care about it but am wondering how you feel when someone says they dislike either your or ds/dd's name? On huggies anyway, hopefully no one is that rude to say it to your face!

It does hurt a little but I tend to not worry if someone says that they dont like the names we have for our kids. I personally dont like the names some of my friends have picked and even my neices name I dont like but hey its their choice and not mine. I know with DS the girls name we had picked mum didnt like but she said she had her turn to pick and now it was mine and she would love her grandkids no matter what their name was. I did have a thread when pregnant with DS (was after middle name ideas) and some didnt like the name we chose but hey we loved it and thats all that matters.

Unique1 just have to say I like your name. My cousin and one of DD's friends are Brooke and I like it as its not common.

It is a tricky one, I would never say I disliked a name to a person with that name or a child with that name. BUT on Huggies often you don't know what people's names are so I guess sometimes it must happen. Also I find that a name without a person attached to it, is easier to dislike than one with a person attached. Generally if it is a nice person you will like the name because you like the person IYKWIM... I would try not to be offended, which is easier said than done!!
i totally know what you are saying - it can be a bit deflating when you see people hating names that you like cant it!!
i have 3 children and my two boys have very english names (archie and rupert) which i know lots of people dont like.. It sooo doesnt phase me anymore tho, cause i really love them and am totally happy with my choice. i know that my friends who i know like the same still as me, love the names so i am happy. be proud of your name!!
You know what??

Most people say 'I don't care what others think!' ... but I think we all do deep down just a little. I've had people say they don't like my kids names and its not a nice feeling. You move on quick tongue ... but still not a warm fuzzy feeling

I try not to say if I don't like a name as a result. But I will say which one I like the best or most if someone asks wink

You know what??

Most people say 'I don't care what others think!' ... but I think we all do deep down just a little. I've had people say they don't like my kids names and its not a nice feeling. You move on quick tongue ... but still not a warm fuzzy feeling

I try not to say if I don't like a name as a result. But I will say which one I like the best or most if someone asks wink

yeah, I rather say what name I like over other options. As a teacher I come across a lot of names, some not great that makes me think what were your parents thinking?!! But I would never say that to the kid or the parents. My mother taught me, if your don't have anything nice to say than it best not to say anything at all lol
Yeah- i agree, I get really defensive about my daughters name, Antigone. I don't really mind if people don't like it or when people ask me about it, but a lot of people have openly stated to me (including my inlaws when she was born) that its an awful name and 'what kind of parent would call their kid that'.

If people know a Bit about the name they assume i don't know where it come from origionally and lots of people think its cruel - that makes me upset, because its more than just not liking it its actually judging me and DH for using it.
I havent read any of the replies, but honestly if someone is asking do you like this name its either a yes or a no ,

reasons why etc but would you rather someone be honest or lie and not say, some friends won'tsay it to your face
I try to give a positive opinion - I don't believe in being negative for no good reason!

That said, I think if people are asking on here for other's opinion, they should expect that some people might not agree with them (and that goes for any topic, not just baby names) so I think if you don't want to hear other's opinions then why ask in the first place? (However, I do understand in the situation that you are talking about that you didn't make the post.)

I think it is a good idea to get other's opinions because there might be things that you haven't thought of, e.g. maybe a rude nickname can be made but you haven't thought of it.

But I also think that if you truly love a name, you are probably going to use it anyway regardless of what people on Huggies think. Me personally, I really liked the name Arabella for DD but I let family and friends talk me out of it as they didn't like it (I didn't post on Huggies though!). DD ended up being Isabelle instead which is a nice name but it's quite popular, which I didn't want. So my advice is to just go with what you want and not pay too much attention to what other people think.
2 of my kids names have been mentioned on here, and quite a few people didn't like them, but I don't let it get to me as there are a lot of names on here that people list or mention and I'm not a big fan of them.
We're all different, and have different tastes - it's what makes the world an interesting place to live! smile
I wont say what my actual name is (because I like me privacy/security) but sufficed to say it is QUITE unusual. lol.

I hated it growing up and would often cry about it. My parents refused to change it and said if I still wanted to I could change it when I was 18. I didn't change it but I have an AKA which is on most important information like emergency contacts, drivers license, details for employers etc.

But it's not so bad, my mother wanted to call me Calyopy (KAL-EYE-O-PEE) Which I'm sure some people like but it deffinately does not suit me and probably would have damaged me more than what my parents chose. lol jk.

To answer the question, If some one asked if I liked the name I would simply say yes or no. If they asked my oppinion I would tell them truthfully but politely. I think either way they can't get upset, afterall THEY asked.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic