Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Charlie for a boy Rss

I had a dream that this baby said his a "Charlie".

I like Charlie, but I don't generally like unisex names.

I don't mind 'boys' names on girls, but I'm really not keen on boys having names that can be used on girls too.

I've thought about Charles, but I'm not that keen on it, and would only call him Charlie.

Honest opinions please!
Hi Ms Dee,

Normally I would say Charlie is a boys name but over the last 5 years it has become more of a girls name. I think the only issue would be that there would probably be some "charli's" and "Charlottes called Charli" in his class.
As a teacher I dont think he would be teased in primary school but (this is TOTALLY my opinion only) I think boys names that end in an "ii" sound are a bit cutsie and can lead to easy teasing in highschool....
Please take that as my opinion, I actually love the name, our daughter will be charlotte or charli for short. smile
I might be biast being that DS's name is Charlie but I love it and it suit him so well. Middle name is James so as he gets older he can if he wants to use the nickname CJ.
To me Charlie is short for Charles and a boys name. It sounds funny on a girl. But that is just my opinion and I am sure many people would disagree.
I think as long as it is spelt the boys way ie Charlie he'll be fine.
Good luck choosing

img src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/jr5Hp8.png" width

charlie is becoming quite popular on girls but i think it is a boys name i agree with kande i would call a boy charlie and he shouldn't get teased about it
now days everyone is giving there daughters boys names and thats why its so hard to come up with boys names smile

i'm not trying to come off as nasty sorry if it sounds that way

sorry to get off topic but a little while ago my mum was telling me a bout a girl called shane but it was spelt cheynne or something ike that but imo its still a boys name

I had a dream that this baby said his a "Charlie".

I like Charlie, but I don't generally like unisex names.

I don't mind 'boys' names on girls, but I'm really not keen on boys having names that can be used on girls too.

I've thought about Charles, but I'm not that keen on it, and would only call him Charlie.

Honest opinions please!

I always thought Charlie was a boys name and not too common so imagine my surprise when we named our first son Charlie James, that there are many of the same name now. I take it as a compliment,must be a good name!!
I actually believe that Charlie is traditionally a boys name. But these days it can be for both boys and girls and I don't think that either sex gets teased about it.
The meaning of Charlie as per aussiethings.com.au
Strong, couragous one from the meadow, manly. A short form of Charles
Possible nickname might be Chaz.

img src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/jr5Hp8.png" width

Hi There,
I love Charlie for a boy! I have worked in child care for 10 years and have only came across 1 Charlie that was a girl and there were numerous boy Charlies!
I know we are having issues with a name we like Rueben worried he will get teased - Ruby.
But i love it and think we are going to go with it.
goodluck
i think charlie is more a boys name. i love it for a girls name aswell , i would love to have this as a girls name as my fathers middle name in charles and my middle name is lee so i would spell it charlee but of course hubby hates it and yes says its a boys name smile
I love the name Charlie smile I would chose that for my next if it were a boy cept I have a close friends sisters little boy with that name!

I also like the name because of Charlie Hunnum.....lol
Sign in to follow this topic