Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Wrong decision Lock Rss

I have this lingering feeling that I wish I named my new baby a different name! I just can't shake it and sometimes it even makes me feel sick. He was unamed for a while and I got so many texts and phone calls every day pressuring me to decide. So we said a name and just named him. I would never change it now and I know there's not much I can do now I guess I just wanted to get that out and see if anyone has been in a similar position.
Can i ask what the names are that you are having trouble with?

I havent experienced it but i do know a friend who has and she did change her daughters name at 6 weeks. She hadnt yet put the paper work in so that wasnt an issue but yeah she announced one name and then on facebook she started posting photos with a different name. Its not too late to change it and i thought it was strange but she is now 3 years and i love her name and dont even think about her being born with a differnt name.

Can i ask what the names are that you are having trouble with?

I havent experienced it but i do know a friend who has and she did change her daughters name at 6 weeks. She hadnt yet put the paper work in so that wasnt an issue but yeah she announced one name and then on facebook she started posting photos with a different name. Its not too late to change it and i thought it was strange but she is now 3 years and i love her name and dont even think about her being born with a differnt name.

Thanks for your reply. My baby is now 3 months old and his brother and sister already know him and have bonded with him. I think it would be hard if I changed his name, plus he is already registered.

His name is Jack and his middle name is after my father which I have second thoughts about too!
[quote name='~ssrc~' date='03 November 2011 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1320314110' post='3087592'] my dh picked my sons name, and i really, really disliked it for around 5 months. I was embarrassed everytime someone asked me his name. Now, I love it wub
I was in the exact same position as you. Didnt give my boy a name till about 3 weeks after birth. Had EVERYONE pressuring us which stressed us out so we ended up naming him a name that i ended up hating! So badly i couldnt even say it. Nor could anybody else really. So we simply changed his name. It will look messy on his birth cert but really its only a piece of paper that comes out now and then. smile
DS is Jack Henry, I love it and think it's a great name. He was named after DF & my grandfathers. He is the only one in his class at daycare called Jack...haha that wont last i'm sure. As someone who grew up with a weird name I wanted my child to have a name that would never be mispronounced or misspelled, it really drives you mental after many years.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

I dont hate the name Jack, i do like the actual name. I'm just not sure it would be the name that i would pick if i wasn't pressured.

I do think about changing his name but i think it will be far to confusing to my other children as my baby is now 3months old.

I'm sure i will grow to accept it over time....well i hope so anyway

I think it boils down to naming him when i wasn't ready i think. IF i ever had another baby, i would definately keep my name suggestions quiet this time to stop peoples opinions, i think that added to the confusion.

My other kids both have oler traditional type names so it does suit in with them smile
One of the ladies at playgroup hated the name they picked for their DD (her DH picked it) and she had her heart set on a certain name since she was a little girl. In the end her DH decided he wasnt a huge fan of the name he picked so they changed it at 6months. She said it was easy to do. she wanted to change her latest baby's name but couldnt come up with one she liked better. Funny though it was her 2 girls she wanted to change but not her DS's.

Personally I wouldnt change the kids names but thats just me.

DH has picked the name of this baby due in 12 days and i hate it. i cant talk about it with him as he loves it and thinks its perfect. i can see me being like you and wishing we called her something different.

DH has picked the name of this baby due in 12 days and i hate it. i cant talk about it with him as he loves it and thinks its perfect. i can see me being like you and wishing we called her something different.

That does not sound right.
Why would he pick a name that you hate?
Surely there is a compromise?
Yes he might love it but you dont.

Would you stick with a name if you loved it and he hated it?

sorry but i can't understand this?

personally gh and i had to both agree on the name. if one of us didn't like it, it was off the list. it's not just his child.

to the op. personally i would sit down with my dh and see if we could come up with a name that we both liked. if you can't then stick with jack. it would be a shame to go through your whole life not liking your child name or just learning to accept it/like it.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I'm wondering if maybe you give it a bit more time you will grow to love it. Because babies seem to have to grow into their names and after a little while they really suit their name.

If you look at him now, and call him another name... does it sound weird to you to call him something different?

I havnt been in this situation, how hard!

Sign in to follow this topic