Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Boys names Lock Rss

Wow I struggle with boys names.

We are after a name that is unusal but not so weird that nobody has ever heard of it. We also want an old fashioned name and one that goes with our other childs name which is Eloise.

I am thinking I like Bede (pron Beade), it is old english and means 'answered prayer'. But I have only had a luke warm response from family and friends so far.

*sigh* what do we all think?

having the exact same problem and sounds like we're wanting the same sort of the name, ours is to match our daughters name sylvia

I like bede though!
Eloise was on our girls list!!!

Like Bede, it is my BIL's name smile

We ended up with Finlay, it is so hard to choose a boys name, had several girls names, but only one boys name!!!

How about William? Liam?

Good luck
Yay! someone else that like Bede! I'm going to tell my mum tonight because she hates it!

We were also thinking of Liam, but my cousin has just informed they intend on using that name. We are also thinking about Xavier. My DH likes Otto, but I'm thinking that's a bit too out there for me.

My son is Jasper and needless to say I love it! Not too common, but not made up either!

I wouldn't worry about your cousing wanting to use Liam. If you like it use it. I hate this 'bagging' a name business. Besides it's only your cousin, not your sister or brother smile

I love Xavier too! Not overly keen on Otto - reminds me of Otto Bin or the bus driver on the Simpsons!!!

Wow I struggle with boys names.

We are after a name that is unusal but not so weird that nobody has ever heard of it. We also want an old fashioned name and one that goes with our other childs name which is Eloise.

I am thinking I like Bede (pron Beade), it is old english and means 'answered prayer'. But I have only had a luke warm response from family and friends so far.

*sigh* what do we all think?

Storm
Briley
Sawyer
rohan
Kavana
Braxton
Benley.
Myles
Finlay
Flynn
Flecther

If you look at older posts I have put many many more under same topic.

Good luck picking your son name
It is soooo much harder to find a unique boys name than a girls.
Bede is lovely and not too out there, and will still be suitable when he is a grown man!
I am struggling with finding boys names too.
I am due to have twin boys at the end of March/early April. My DP loves the names Blayze and Kayne, I love the name Kobe but that is the name of my nieces dog!!! I think she spells it Cobie though.
Do you think Blayze is too weird?? My mum doesn't like it...but I suppose you can't please everyone!
I also like the name Jarrah.
hi

my son is James Byron (both traditional English names)

I think my taste might be slightly more traditional than yours but maybe ...

Will
Nate
Daniel
Hamish
Elijah
Ethan
Finn/ Finlay

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

It is soooo much harder to find a unique boys name than a girls.
Bede is lovely and not too out there, and will still be suitable when he is a grown man!
I am struggling with finding boys names too.
I am due to have twin boys at the end of March/early April. My DP loves the names Blayze and Kayne, I love the name Kobe but that is the name of my nieces dog!!! I think she spells it Cobie though.
Do you think Blayze is too weird?? My mum doesn't like it...but I suppose you can't please everyone!
I also like the name Jarrah.

I personally think Blayze is a bit too out there. I always think, can you picture a 50 yr old executive with that name, or an 80yr old man with that name? What seems cute on a kid may not be so kind in the adult world. You could always have Blayne and use Blayze as a nickname?
Ohh we found boy names hard as well, My Little Sisters name is Eloise...
I have mine set (due in April) so im happy to share our others,

Alfie
Oscar
Finn
Jasper
Milo
Miles

I Loooove Alfie but DP didnt sad
My fur baby is Called Blaze ( wee staffy)....i also have a friend whos son is Blaze and a old work mate was a girl called Blaze...
Ladies, I am loving Oscar and Felix in particular. You're all quite inspirational. Thanks.

Bede is an awesome name I only know one person with that name so not very common. There is way to many Williams, Liams, Max, etc. etc. around. I am struggling to find a boys name that is not common but not crazy either and have decided to stop running names past family and friends because someone always has to put you off, its your choice if you and your man like Bede go for it dont worry about what anyone else thinks!
Sign in to follow this topic