Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. How did u choose a middle name for your son?

How did u choose a middle name for your son? Lock Rss

How did u choose a middle name for your son?

Was it a family name or something that suited the name chosen??

Family name... it was my DP's middle name, which was after his late Uncle David.
I love the idea of family names smile
We used family names too, its a tradition on my hubbys side to do this but i liked it also.

mummy to Kale Bruce Wellington & new arrival Miley

We used family names too, its a tradition on my hubbys side to do this but i liked it also.

mummy to Kale Bruce Wellington & new arrival Miley

DS has 2 middle names.

The first we picked early on in the pregnancy and is after my step dad and we kept it a surprise from him until DS was born.

But whilst pregnant my grandfather died and he was so looking forward to meeting my baby and so happy for DF and I, that I also included his first name, which is the middle name of my dad and brother. And DS has a lot of my grandfathers ways about him which is really special to me.

Was a family name both my partner and brother have the same middle name.
First son is family name - John

Second son is the favorite first name DH really wanted for both our boys but I didn't like it as a first name
I'm blessed to have two lovely boys

Both boys have tradition names from their fathers family both have 2 middle names

1st middle name is their fathers Christian name
2nd is part of legacy from their grand fathers &their fathers family tradition lasting 4 generanations already eg James . David

If I'm blessed with Another baby boy .I have names picked already .

No family tradition names in possible third son
We used my brothers middle name so yes it was a family name smile
Our first son middle name is the middle name he says wishes was his.
Our second son middle name is my dad first name. My dad pass away 14 months ago & i really put my foot down i really wanted to use his name.

Both my boys have family names. DS1 after his dad, DS2 after my dad.
If this one's a boy he'll be having the middle name Jon- after my Dad who died when I was 2 years old. DH's idea which is very cool smile
Sign in to follow this topic