Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Girls Names Rss

My DH is driving me mad with his lack of interest in coming up with a name for our impending bundle of joy. I keep coming up with suggestions and he keeps telling me he doesn't like them, but not offering me any alternative suggestions.

I am liking names that end in 'a', because of our surname my DH doesn't want a name that ends in 'y' or 'ie' because it will rhyme with our surname too much.

So far I have put to him Leila (or Layla), Freya and Georgina,I am also liking Ava, Amelia and Olivia but as we have a vowel named daughter already DH thinks another vowel name would sound too 'cutesy'. Arghh he drives me bonkers.....

Any suggestions ladies?

Cassandra
Alexandra
Christina
Isabella

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

My Mr is the same. He said no to every single name but made no suggestions. In the end... I found a name that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, and he said no, but I had my heart set on it - so instead of coming up with countless more suggestions that he would reject, I just shut up for the rest of the pregnancy.

A couple weeks ago I said to him "So.... if it's a girl, what are we calling this baby - have you found that name yet?"

He looked online for a total of about 5 minutes. And a bit later said, "I suppose that name isn't so bad."

and I got my way just like that. lol

So my suggestion would be to choose the name yourself, then wait. smile

We had Ava Willow picked for a while but I couldn't go with that as Ava sounds funny with our last name. But it is a beautiful name!!

Alyssa
Alana
Gemma
Jenna
Keira
Ella
Jessica
Sara
Bella
Mikayla
Tahlia
Lylah
Georgia
Jessica
Milla
Kiara
Tiana
Girls names are hard! DP doesnt like any of the girls names I come up with either, except ones that his family already have used!

Tessa
Mia
Nessa
Tia

All beautiful smile
Ooh, I love Freya, that's one of my favourite names!!

The only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned (not that I saw anyway) are;

Stella
Kayla
Tayla

Good luck smile
Here. Is a few

Leeahrna my daughter. In heaven
If I'm blessed with another daughter going. Call her Soraya. ( I'm 9wks pregnant tomorrow )not finding out baby's gender

Jessa my favorite

Diana
Koa.
Amamda
Alana
Allana
Philomena
Eva
Farraha
Belinda
Ashtra
Kamara
Theresa
Callima
Tabitha's
Gemma
Krista
Tessa
Nikita
Mia
Emma
Arcadia
Julia
makenna mackenna
Jayda
Laura
Layla
Kayla
Jana
Tia
Tahila
Brianna
Anna
Briana
Paula
Felicia
Deanna
seanna
Shauna
India
Christina
christen
Rhianna
Rhyanna
Larrisa.
Leeanna
Leaha
Marcia
Nicolia
Becca
Rebecca
Kayla
Samantha
Samara
Carla
Dahila
Rhetta
Jana
Louisiana
Deanna
Victoria
Selina
Keisha
leisha
Krishna
Miranda
Matilda
Kymara
Tamieka
Tamara
Melissa
Linda
Donna
Christya
Georgia
Raileigha
marrissa
Jenna

Hope they help
I have an Olivia - so may be biased!!!

Do love Ava and Amelia but know quite a few of each - not sure if that is something that bothers you or not??

I'm thinking these may have been said before but its all I could think of..

tahlia
sophia
emma
mikayla
eva
tamarah
leah

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I love Freya and Layla off your list.
Here are some more suggestions sorry if I repeat any.
Amaya
Skyla
Isla
Eva
Tora
Amarlia
Ayla
Lucia
Regina
Tara
Taraha
Sara
Rona
Rhonda
Erica
Aliraha
Ella
Silvia
Clarissa
Vanessa
Capra
Darla
Carla
Marina
Thanks ladies, I knew I could count on you.

I don't mind names that are 'common' like Ava and Amelia, as long as they are nice. They are classic/old fashioned names so I don't think they will date.

My first daughter (stillborn at 22 weeks) was Alexandra and my other daughters name is Eloise and my DH thinks there are too many vowel starting names in the family. He also doesn't want one that starts with M because our surname starts with M and the initials would me M&M. He doesn't want an L name because his names starts with L, and the name can't end in y or ie or it will rhyme too much.

I cracked it and had a go at him last night, he thought about it for a while and said 'what about Cynthia?' that was the end of the conversation and he thinks he is a genius. Vent over, but I officially give up!

Sign in to follow this topic