Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

last names as first names Lock Rss

DH and I are coming to our wits end, we have decided that we would really like a boys name that starts with 'S'. However all the standard stuff he says no to.

He would like something that is simple (or can be shortened easy)
his dad would like it even shorter smile (he said 4 or 5 letter max)
I like unusual names.

Then the other day there was a thing on TV about Michael schumacher, and I thought that, that wasnt such a bad name (Mack/Macca for short). Since DH is a big motorsport fan and races himself, I thought the tie there would be nice, as would the tie back to FIL, as his name is Michael.

I asked a few of my friends, and it seems 50/50 on it. the ones that dont think its TOO much of a last name.

Thoughts / ideas?
Firstly OMG I LOVE your profile pic!!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of the Schumacher as first name thing but you need to do whatever you and hubby want!

I like last names as first names but probably the more common ones eg Spencer.
My boys are Spencer and Sullivan, so we're obviously fans of the last name as first name trend! To be honest though, I do think Schumacher is pretty full on for a first name. I do really like the abbreviation to Macca though! Ultimately it is up to you and your hubby and if you can see it being a name you and your son will be comfortable and proud of.
My boys are Spencer and Sullivan, so we're obviously fans of the last name as first name trend! To be honest though, I do think Schumacher is pretty full on for a first name. I do really like the abbreviation to Macca though! Ultimately it is up to you and your hubby and if you can see it being a name you and your son will be comfortable and proud of.
Not to much of a fan sorry
But my lord your profile pic is too cute can already tell what a handsome lil man you'll have!!!
I do like spencer a lot spence for short??
But obviously it's your guys decision do what you feel is right smile
A friend's son is Mac, that is nice smile
My newest bub is Sawyer
It means Cobbler in English, a person who repairs shoes.

Sorry, I'm not a fan.

I would prefer Saunders, Seaton, Selby, Sherwin, Slade, Sutton or Slone.
I think Mack totally works!?
I have an uncle Mack!
Other short, sweet & spunky suggestions ~
(I only like super short names too!? wink )
Brock
Nate
Cody
Shay
Trae
Levi
Nash
Taj
Brody
Tyler
Cole
Hope that helps!