Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Is the song connection too close??

Is the song connection too close?? Lock Rss

I have a DS called Henry and am expecting a little girl in 5 weeks. We have two names on our list but one of them is Eliza...... I want honest opinions on whether you think that is too close to the song "Hole in my bucket" with Henry and Liza. We have kept the gender a secret from family and friends so cannot ask their opinion. Please be honest as I will not be offended. Our other name is Ruby which I am also very happy with but I guess deep dpwn Eliza is my fav..
My babies name is Braxton, every1 says to me 'oh, like home and away' umm... yeah but not AFTER him. Although he is sooooo nice.
I havent heard of the song your talking about so i wouldnt make the connection.. but really, who cares even if they do. Its a loverly name. smile
Thanks guys. I don't watch Home and Away or have seen the Twilight series so I probably would not have made those connections either. Depends what you relate things to I guess.

Yes Sweetflutterby I have asked about this before but didn't get any feedback.

I don't actually think we will make a final decision until she is in our arms. I have also suggested Elsa to hubby as it is similar but he is not so keen on that name.
I wouldn't have made the connection if you hadn't mentioned it. If you love it go with it smile



ginnolly wrote:

Yes Sweetflutterby I have asked about this before but didn't get any feedback.


huh?
there's a whole thread on it
Chiliwoman wrote:
ginnolly wrote:Yes Sweetflutterby I have asked about this before but didn't get any feedback.huh?there's a whole thread on it


On the names but not on the song connection..... do you have an issue with me asking the question???? You will see that once again the troll insinuation came through from a member so I left the thread there. I just wish that those who do not have anything helpful to say would just not comment so that those who offer genuine feedback can do so.
My daughters name is evie and if i had a dollar for everytime someone bought up the song "evie" by stevie wright id be increadably rich.. Lol
but it doesnt bother me at all.. smile) everyone thinks its kinda cool
my_little_gremlin wrote:
My daughters name is evie and if i had a dollar for everytime someone bought up the song "evie" by stevie wright id be increadably rich.. Lol
but it doesnt bother me at all.. smile) everyone thinks its kinda cool


Love the name Evie!!! Such a gorgeous name. I have that on my list too but hubby not quite as keen.
ginnolly wrote:
I have a DS called Henry and am expecting a little girl in 5 weeks. We have two names on our list but one of them is Eliza...... I want honest opinions on whether you think that is too close to the song "Hole in my bucket" with Henry and Liza. We have kept the gender a secret from family and friends so cannot ask their opinion. Please be honest as I will not be offended. Our other name is Ruby which I am also very happy with but I guess deep dpwn Eliza is my fav..


OMG I love that book and cd tongue. Sharpen it dear henry dear henry now sharpen it dear henry dear henry sharpen it hahahahahaha and no I never even thought of that until you mentioned it if thats the name you want go for it smile.



As long as u don't care about the connection then it won't matter!
I'd be singing it to Henry & Eliza all the time if it was me! Lol
If u like Elsa what about Elsie, Josie, Macy?? Good luck deciding! smile



Have had my DD and she is now 5 weeks old. Ruby is the name we decided on..... as much as I love Eliza it would not have been right. Am happy with our decision.
Huge congrats! Ruby is a beautiful name! grin



Sign in to follow this topic