Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Help Name Dilemna! Would you still use this name?

Help Name Dilemna! Would you still use this name? Lock Rss

I've had my heart set on the name Ellery for a girl for about the last two years but my brother and sister in law recently named their daughter Ella!

We don't live in the same town and only see them a handful of times a year but our children will only be a few months apart in age and share the same surname so it could get quite confusing at family gatherings!

At first I thought we definitely couldn't use it but we are really struggling to find another name that we love as much.

What are your thoughts?
if it doesn't bother you use it
but if it bothers you, i'd suggest changing it
see how you feel once bubba is born

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

To be honest it would be too close for me?
Tough decision though!?
Could u modify it a lil bit?? Maybe Bellery, Allery, Emmery??
Or something similar but different ~
Melody
Keeley
Bridie
Cassidy
Leilani
Good luck deciding! smile

isaiahs mum wrote:
i would sill use it and even if it was the same name i still would use it
klle wrote:
I've had my heart set on the name Ellery for a girl for about the last two years but my brother and sister in law recently named their daughter Ella!We don't live in the same town and only see them a handful of times a year but our children will only be a few months apart in age and share the same surname so it could get quite confusing at family gatherings!At first I thought we definitely couldn't use it but we are really struggling to find another name that we love as much.What are your thoughts?
*cody+nate'smummy* wrote:
To be honest it would be too close for me?Tough decision though!? Could u modify it a lil bit?? Maybe Bellery, Allery, Emmery??Or something similar but different ~ MelodyKeeleyBridieCassidyLeilaniGood luck deciding! smile

I agree. Some more I come up with: Valerie, Avery, Emily, Melanie.
I have a similar problem... I have liked the name Aubree for a few years, but now have a niece called Brianna, but she is just called Bree all the time. Bit close for me.

Maybe we can both use the names we like as a middle name?
I would use it smile

i dont see how names could get confused ellery would be shorted to ell , i think its a beaufitul name i wouldnt change it as u said u dont see them oftern smile
i would still use it. Ellery is different to Ella. smile

You could still use it, it's so pretty! If it was me tho I'd change how it got shortened, if at all. Ellery would maybe normally be shortened to Ell or Elly, which is too close for me. I would make it Ree, or Ri, or even Riri, which is still pretty... Good luck choosing smile
def still use the name!
Sign in to follow this topic