Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. To spell Indy or Indie? and help with middlename

To spell Indy or Indie? and help with middlename Rss

New baby due in 3 months. If its a girl we like the name Indie.
At first i thought to spell it Indy but since have found a lot of Indie or Indi. I would prefer to use the most common spelling.
Middle names i like with Indie are Rose or Jayne....any other sugestions?
Hi there. This is totally just my opinion but I would spell it Indi or Indy as I wouldnt like the fact that the word 'die' is in my child's name. Bit morbid I know, but thats how I'd feel. Indi Rose sounds beautiful. Indi Jade is cute too smile
Thanks for that 'misskel79'. If i had of named a baby today as Indie I think i would have eventually later saw the die in it and been dissapointed in that choice of spelling....so thankyou so much for bringing it to my attention now.
Yvonnemartin07 wrote:
Thanks for that 'misskel79'. If i had of named a baby today as Indie I think i would have eventually later saw the die in it and been dissapointed in that choice of spelling....so thankyou so much for bringing it to my attention now.

So welcome smile
I like Indy the best
i was going to say i liked Indie better but then i saw what misskel79 said about having die in the name. but i also like Indy. I like Jayne for a middle name.

I would spell it "Indi"

Hi I love this post my daughters name is Indie Jade. I also thought indie rose. Jade is my middle name so I figure she gets my husband last name so we liked my middle name for hers. I love it Spelt Indie. I feel that indi or Indy looks incomplete. the worst things about her name is that I always get asked if its short for indianna. No no no it's just Indie.... smile
My daughter is Indiana Charlotte May, she gets called Indie though. I was the same as you T&J, I thought the spelling Indy and Indi looked incomplete, I never saw the word 'die' in it, but it doesn't bother me. We named her Indiana after my husbands favourite movie Indiana Jones haha I originally didn't like it but I did like Indie, so she will only get called Indiana if she's in trouble.

My niece is Indie Maree (7 yrs) & a friends lil one is Indi Rose (1yr old)!
I think I like Indi the best & i'd guess that's the most popular spelling now!?
Other suggestions ~
Indi Shaye
Indi Lee
Indi Summer
Indi Jasmine
Good luck deciding! smile

Thankyou to everyones comments. I hope my husband is doing as much research (unlikely) to come up with a boys name. We don't know what we are having so split the task of finding a name.....we both have to like it of cause and out of a list i had come up wtih he liked Indy. smile
If u like Indi for a girl I'm thinking Nate for a boy! wink Good luck! smile

Sign in to follow this topic