Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. How popular is the girls name Aria really?

How popular is the girls name Aria really? Lock Rss

We are getting very close to the arrival of our little princess and I really like the name Aria but it seems lately to becoming quite popular and I was really wanting a name that won't be in the top 10 in the next few years. Are people hearing this name in the real or is it mostly just Huggies putting it in their lists? We did see it make it into the official Australian 100 (#85 I think with 175 named Aria in Australia in 2013), but I'm not sure how that translates in real terms since top 10 names have 1-3 thousand in 2013. I love A or O starting names and although we love Aurelia we need a short name to go with middle name Jillian (my mother). This naming business is beginning to stress me out! Anyway love to know if you know a baby personally or not named Aria. Thanks smile
I like the name. smile I think the increased popularity is because of the character in Game of Thrones. I don't personally know anyone named Aria though.

I've heard it a few times but not all that common.
When we named our daughter i hardly heard the name. Now we hear it all the time.

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

I've never met an Aria

Forever, for always and no matter what

I love the name Aria, I loved it that much I named my dog Aria as I probably wont be having another baby.
I have met one Aria. I do feel like it is getting more common.
I also have an Amarli. I love A names too. I also like Amaya, Autumn, Amity.
It is lovely. I don't know any in my neck of the woods. Ava is more common, but you may like;
Arden, Audra, Aerin, Ada, Adia, Ari, Aimee, Ainsley, Amberly
Olive, Odette, Odetta, Ottilie
Aria is a beautiful name. I only know 2 with it as a first name, they are now 17yrs and 2yrs.
Aria has a few different meanings around the world... Noble, Lion, Melody / Gentle Music, Intelligence of an Eagle smile
The One and Only T wrote:
Never met anyone with the name

me either,I have never actually heard it as a name but I like it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I know 1 x 2 yr old Aria! I was going to suggest Aurelia Jill too! smile

My daughter born 2013 is named Aria was the only name the father and i could agree on smile It is pretty popular from games of thrones but her name in series is actually Arya which is also a very pretty name and slightly different. I find if you like a name and want it to be different check other ways of spelling or slightly changing smile
My daughter is just about to turn 3 and is Ariah, we met 1 Aria last year when we were camping and she was 3 then, we love the name and everyone compliments us on her name. good luck !

Sign in to follow this topic