Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Need your opinions, is this name to close to my daughters name?

Need your opinions, is this name to close to my daughters name? Rss

I'm due in 2wks!! And for ages I had the name Reidyn picked. Pronounced Ree-den.(Pregnant with a boy btw) My husband is still 100% wanting Reidyn but I just don't love it as much as I used too.
When we first told people the name a lot of them would respond with "Readin a book". That kind of plays on my mind. And annoys me.
Anyways the last few days I've fallen for the name Asher!!
However our daughters name is Ashlyn and the few people I have told say it's too close to her name. Still trying to convince my husband to change his mind...but whats your opinions? Personally I think Ashton would be way too close! (even though I LOVE that name!!) But because both names share the first 3 letters they automatically think the same thing. I can't even think of any other spellings I could use.... =(
Personally I think it's a bit close to your dd name. Also if you shorten names at all they'll both be Ash :/
My ds has a friend named Reiden (boy).
Archer perhaps? Similar sound without being so close and cute nn - Archie smile
I did think about Archer, but I just haven't fallen for it like I did with Asher.
Yes way too close!

How about Reiden as Ray-den? That's how I initially read it

Aka G&L smile

SaRiLaRi wrote:

yep I read it ray-den too, if you didn't minf the sound of that you could spell it Raidyn

SaRiLaRi wrote:

Don't like the sound of Rayden. Much prefer Reidyn.
I don't know why people read it as rayden, a few others have aswell. I would of thought the first four letters spelling out Reid as in a pond reid would give you the right idea on how to pronounce it....

Well I guess that pretty much sums it up, everyone agrees and thinks Asher is too close to Ashlyn =(
Would love to be able to find another name close to it. It just seemed to fit more with me.
It sucks when you can't use a name you love hey? My hubby said no to some names I adored and I was so bummed. I also loved Finn or Flynn but our last name starts with F so I couldn't do that to the poor kid lol.

Let me ask this then....
What if mine were twins and I was calling them Ashlyn & Asher. Would your opinions still be the same then?

This will more then likely be our last child. And I do like the idea of having two names starting with A.
I can't seem to part myself from Asher =( no matter how hard I try find a new name I love!
Yes! If you had twins and called them Ashlyn and Asher I would still think it was silly.

I hope you are able to find another name you love as much as Asher smile one day it will just pop out at you....well that's what happened for me and I had given up hope since hubby hated all the names I suggested.

Pixie Chick wrote:
Yes! If you had twins and called them Ashlyn and Asher I would still think it was silly.

I hope you are able to find another name you love as much as Asher smile one day it will just pop out at you....well that's what happened for me and I had given up hope since hubby hated all the names I suggested.

I don't have much longer left for that to happen that's the thing lol. I always say that aswell. Reidyn was that name for but I'm slowly growing off it. I started going of my dd's name aswell but stuck with it and glad we did. I think its that idea of knowing they'll be stuck with it forever so makes the choice even harder.
I wouldn't do it. Actually I probably feel more strongly about it BECAUSE they are twins. I feel so sorry for twins who are giving "matchy" names and when they are dressed the same, or same clothes in different colours. I just feel that twins especially need thier own identity.
Sign in to follow this topic