Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

L Lock Rss

Oh you poor thing sad that's awful it's upsetting you that much, but I think that proves how strongly you feel about this and if it were me I would change it. I think this is your mothers instinct trying to tell you something. As tallulah said, go with your gut! I would compromise with dh and keep the middle name as it honours your ds's dad just as your dd's middle name honours you. And bugger what anyone else thinks Hun!! This is YOUR baby not theirs, they'll get over it, it's not their place to comment anyway- he's yours! Good luck with it all, I hope it works out smile
that's hard, i guess i was in the opposite situation where i really liked the name we'd picked but my mother was trying to get me to change my mind, telling me not to send off the registration yet and emailing me lists of names for weeks after my son was born lol. i guess, in the same way you feel, i knew her suggestions were not "his name", if that makes sense lol!
i like the suggestion of making Kobi James his middle name, and making his first name one you think truely suits smile and to answer you second question, i only personally know two (cobie and kobie) both girls i went to school with tongue
hope you and hubby come to an agreement you both love smile good luck!

Thanks again. You all seem like lovely people. Yes the spelling still gets me and the K does seem harsh against my daughters name.

I do like the name Caleb but my cousin names her son that about 6 weeks before my bub was born.

I need to have a long hard think about this overnight. I need to be 100% happy with my decision smile
DD had a cheap fishing rod with little plastic fish, the rod broke before she even figured out how to use it, but I cut a hole in a formula tin lid for the animals and she would play with that for ages! A wipes container works too, you can use almost anything to put inside, like bits of fabric, or small plastic toys...

Cuddles for Me wrote:
DD had a cheap fishing rod with little plastic fish, the rod broke before she even figured out how to use it, but I cut a hole in a formula tin lid for the animals and she would play with that for ages! A wipes container works too, you can use almost anything to put inside, like bits of fabric, or small plastic toys...

Wrong thread cuddles!!
I'm really leaning towards Levi. What are your thoughts on this?
bumblebee27 wrote:
I'm really leaning towards Levi. What are your thoughts on this?

I think it works smile Levi Kobi James sounds nice
if ur DH chose the name you might need to go with it.

I have never been 100% happy with DD2s name but DH thinks it really suits her. So every time I think about it I reassure myself her father thinks her name is the one. BTW she is 3 and I still think "hmmmm I wonder"

I think Cobi James nn CJ is a pretty cool name. Or Cee Jay Kobi ...

Levi is a great name too. But I would use Levi James.

Congrats on the new baby, let us know how you go.
If you dont like it change it.. as long as your husband agrees.

and as far as family comments, then just dont discuss it with them, at the end of the day it's not their decision.

i know a 18month old whose parents changed her name. They just sent a txt around telling their friends about their decision and there was a lil bit of talk but most ppl are of the opinion that as much as it's unusual, there's nothing really wrong with changing your mind.

i also know of a few older kids that have had their names changed as well as my niece when she was born, her mn (which ppl prob dont care about so much) was initially one name and then a few days later they changed it to something else.

anyone who wants to have a negative opinion, well they'll get over if after a week or so.
Hi smile

I agree with posts to change it if you're unhappy. As you said, you have not yet sent the registration forms off yet, so their is no 'Formal' changing, just letting others know, he is only a few weeks old, so it should not take a lot of getting used to for people, just explain that you said it in a moment of confusion (prob not the right word) but every mother knows how you feel right after giving birth!

I also really like Kobe-James for a middle name, i joined and hyphenated my daughters middle name to have both her grandmothers name smile

In my experience, with my second daughter, my partner picked his sisters name, which would be fine if it was not ridiculously long and in another language smile but after she was born it suited her do i got over it quick..

what ever decision you and your partner come up with, is final, try not to let any one elses opinion alter your decision, you don't want to leave it for him to get older and used to the name and really regret it and decide then to change it smile

Mum of 3 girls, 1 boy, 1 angel, 1 on the way!

crizzy wrote:
Hi smile

I agree with posts to change it if you're unhappy. As you said, you have not yet sent the registration forms off yet, so their is no 'Formal' changing, just letting others know, he is only a few weeks old, so it should not take a lot of getting used to for people, just explain that you said it in a moment of confusion (prob not the right word) but every mother knows how you feel right after giving birth!

I also really like Kobe-James for a middle name, i joined and hyphenated my daughters middle name to have both her grandmothers name smile

In my experience, with my second daughter, my partner picked his sisters name, which would be fine if it was not ridiculously long and in another language smile but after she was born it suited her do i got over it quick..

what ever decision you and your partner come up with, is final, try not to let any one elses opinion alter your decision, you don't want to leave it for him to get older and used to the name and really regret it and decide then to change it smile

Thanks for your input smile

Does anyone know how I would go about changing his name at Centrelink and Medicare as I've already handed in the proof of birth declaration for my Paid Parental Leave.
I'd say change it too, you're the one that's going to be saying it over and over, and over again for the next 20 yrs anyways, lol. Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic