Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

L Lock Rss

I'd go with you gut feeling. If you really don't like it I'd change it . People might have something to say about it it it'd soon be forgotten. I like the idea of tacking another name on the front and keeping the original names as middle names.

As far as popularity goes I don't know any koby/kobi/kobes. I really like the name though it was on my boys name list but I had it spelt as Coby smile
Like the others have said...go with your gut. I personally prefer Levi over Koby, I also really like Landon off your list.
Good luck with your decision.
I'd change it if your dh agrees and you really feel that strongly. But I did want to mention that it took me a long time to call my son by his name. I have always liked his name but it felt so strange getting used to it and using it if that makes sense so some of your feeling could be that kind of thing. Not sure if I'm alone with that or others felt the same way but just a thought
Little Rascals wrote:
I'd change it if your dh agrees and you really feel that strongly. But I did want to mention that it took me a long time to call my son by his name. I have always liked his name but it felt so strange getting used to it and using it if that makes sense so some of your feeling could be that kind of thing. Not sure if I'm alone with that or others felt the same way but just a thought

I was like this with my eldest but I never considered changing her name. It just felt weird saying it out loud and I got used to it within a week or so.
The other name I adore is Archie but my partner says it's too cute for a man. It's so common nowadays that I think it will be a normal name in 20 years time. Throughout my pregnancy we never sat down and went over names. I always said I think the dad should have more say over a boy's name but I feel differently now he's here.
bumblebee27 wrote:
The other name I adore is Archie but my partner says it's too cute for a man. It's so common nowadays that I think it will be a normal name in 20 years time. Throughout my pregnancy we never sat down and went over names. I always said I think the dad should have more say over a boy's name but I feel differently now he's here.

I really like Archie. If you think Archie is too cute for a man you could use archer instead and then used Archie as a nickname smile

My husband named my second son. I named my first son so I thought it fair that he got to name our second. He choose a name that to this day I still do not like. In saying that I live with it. It's not a bad name and my son likes his name. I have let my husband know I don't like his name but I also know he would have been very upset if I had changed a name he loved.
Change it before it's too late! I love Levi & Nate but I'm biased as I have a Nate! What about just a little change to Kody?!? (Biased again as my eldest son is Cody!) Good luck deciding! smile

Go with what you feel. I like the idea of adding a name in front of the Kobi James. As for changing things with Centrelink or Medicare, when you do your birth registration and get his birth certificate back it should be as simple as taking it in for them to sight and change.
Trouble is I don't know what I feel even though it's the one thing that's constantly on my mind. I hate myself for allowing this to happen. I had 9 months to go over baby names and let my partner have the final say. Now he's here it doesn't feel right. I hate this feeling of uncertainty.. I should add that his name most likely would have been Levi James from the start if one of my partner's casual flings didn't already have a son called that. I stumbled across that on FB when i was about 5 months pregnant. Sounds really childish I know but the only 2 names that have stuck with me over the last few years were Archie (which my parter is really opposed to) and Levi. I guess in a way I'm just grieving the name I didn't get to use. Really self centred considering I am blessed by having this beautiful baby boy in my arms.
Enough said. I would give bubs a total different name all together considering. How did he expect you to feel about things given the situation. I think that gives more power to you to choose something else. Yes you might need to grieve the name Levi. Archie James is super name.
Or just save Levi for your next son!? U have time to choose...legally u have 3 months to decide!? smile

Sign in to follow this topic