Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. What spelling is better in NZ?

What spelling is better in NZ? Lock Rss

Hi all I'm a newbie to forums but my husband and I are very torn on the spelling of one of our potential names for our boy so I'd rrally appreciate any help. Do you think either Carraig or Carrig is a better spelling in NZ? By look and ease of use. The name is pronounced the same and Carrig is probably more phonetic but Carraig is the tradiational spelling which I love. I just don't want to make life difficult for him having to correct people all the time or having his name mispronounced. Thanks for your ideas and thoughts, I really appreciate it!
I'm from Australia so might not be the input you're after but to be honest I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce either of those spellings. Never heard of the name but guessing it's Gaelic from from the spelling. In my opinion your child will always have to explain to people how to pronounce their name (which wouldn't necessarily be a turn off if you love it anyway). Sorry... Maybe I'm just really dumb! Hope that helps.
Thanks for your reply! Yes I should have mentioned the pronunciation is Ca-rig so perhaps more phonetic with Carrig. Thanks again.
Thanks for your reply! Yes I should have mentioned the pronunciation is Ca-rig so perhaps more phonetic with Carrig. Thanks again.
Have you thought of Carrick? Very similar but not so unusual (at least here that's the case). Also more obvious pronunciation.
Thank you - yes I had heard of that version but also read a few people mistaking Carrick for Carrot! And hoped Carrig was a bit further from that smile
Agree with precious comments, very unusual name Iv never heard of it , quite unique . I like the traditional spelling he will always be correcting people with the uniqueness of it but still cool
Thanks for saying that, nice to know others like it too ????
Those four question marks are meant to show as a smiley face!
Sign in to follow this topic