Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

baby girl name Lock Rss

hi i'm expecting my first baby in october and its a lil girl. i am stuck on names i like a couple but cant think of any that i really really like. can anyone help??

hayley vic. baby girl due 8th october

What I do when trying to think of names is first I decide what first initial I don't want, for example what sounds wrong with the sirname and if it is the same as another family member (my mum and my brother both have SDG as their initials, by accident! And my sons initials are KXK, so I really had to avoid a K name for his middle name!)

Then I think of how many syllables I want in the first name and how it will sound with the sirname (My sons first name is only one syllable and our sirname is three)

Once that's done, I look up name sites and name books, and select the letters that I do want, and look at all the names with the amount of syllables I want in them. Some sites even allow you to select how many syllables and it will search for you!

Just Google 'Baby names' and you will get more sites than you'll ever need!

Sorry it's so long!

Hope it helps!

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

i keep posting this as my favorite girl name Cassidy also like Lily, Lara, Lana

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

When picking a name my first thought is - this child will eventually be a 40 yr old adult and a cutesy name like apple or suri might not be so cute anymore!

I already have a little girl who is 8yrs old. Her name is Julia which when first born was not very common.

I am expecting baby number 2 in November and if we have another girl her name will most likely be Charlize. My partner is more a fan of Hayley, which is my second choice but I like unusual without being weird.

Charlize will most likely get shortened to Charli as Julias name is shortened to Jay.

Goodluck with your pregnancy and the search for the perfect name.

Renee

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

i think the name Morgan is a great name for a girl

i also like

Amity
Amilia
Monique
Anabel
hi there what about bethany'emily sky'jamine'melisa'lana'emma'ammie'kristie'janelle'leah'hope that heap with the names let me know how you went lisa
hi hayley hope theres named help you ok emily'ammie'kristie;lana'shamel'sky'jade'bella'taylor'bethany let me know how you went lisa
Sign in to follow this topic