Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Arrrrrrrrgh, can't do it !!

Arrrrrrrrgh, can't do it !! Lock Rss

Ok so we are having a little girl, and originally started out with the best of intentions. Now however, we are really struggling !! Initially we weren't too worried about picking a name before she's actually born, but that seems to have changed. We also used to have it down to a shortlist but that has also fallen apart a bit. We *do* have a middle name however that hasn't changed - we'd decided on it before we even knew the gender as it is flexible (Alexander or Alexandra, after DH's oldest brother).

We also have quite a long 'reject' list of names that we "can't" (well, more like won't) use for various reasons... just for example 'Madison / Maddison' is out because a) a guy at his work has named his daughter that and we know them (sort of) b) one of our cats is called Maddison (Maddy for short)... *sigh* Ok, I know those reasons seem kind of lame, but it was the only example I could think of off the top of my head tongue (Although another common reason has come up is that it's already 'in the family' on either my side or his...)

I know we will eventually decide on something that will be perfect, or close to it, but I hate how hard this seems !

A few other names that are still up the air are:

Sophia, Kylie, Mackenzie, Jaime and Brianna / Breanna...

I have a book that I am going to look through again (you should see the state the poor pages are already in !!) and see if it either helps or confuses me more... any sympathies or suggestions from you ladies would be greatly appreciated though !!

Jacquie, Erin's Mummy - Born 13th July 2006

hi there,

what a state you must be in you poor thing never mind the book, im really feeling for you and what you must be going through, the names at the end there are grat names but my fave are sophia and kylie.

best o luck.

steph n alexis 15 mths

steph n alexis 20mths and pregnant with 2nd bub

I love yhe name Brianna / Breanna, and Mackenzie.

Hi,

I like Brianna and Mackenzie the best.

I thought i would offer you the suggestion of Briella or Brielle. Something a little bit different but very similar to Brianna. grin

Good luck with deciding grin

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

I like the name Brianna and Mackenzie best. But if you truly can't find a name that you like then wait until after you've had the baby because when you hold her you'll know what name to pick, and most likely it won't be one of the names on your list. Don't worry to much about it grin

Alice

Lilly,6/ Paige,14mnths & my angel Maddy-SIDS

Sign in to follow this topic