Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

my Daughters name to be Lock Rss

I am having a cs on the 19th of June and the midwife told me my name wasnt really being fair to the baby... can anyone see why please be honest, we're calling her peyton Joyce, Joyce is after her grandma who she will meet but grandma has alzeimers and wont remember her at all, we thought it'd be a nice memory, and peyton pronounced pay-ton is cause i like it.
Our other two daughters are mercedes and Courtney and my name is Dakota so i think it fits in really well, now im blabbing on, please help my sanity!!

*expecting no.4 in November*

I think Peyton is a lovely name, and I think it's very special that you're using grandma's name as a middle name. Why on earth would your midwife say something like that? Anyway, it's your decision, so who cares what anyone else thinks!

Best of luck to you and your family on the arrival of little Peyton!

Jen

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.c

the midwife need to keep her comments to herself!its a lovely name which part didnt she like? the peyton or joyce?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Wow. I thought a midwife would be more professional than that and keep her trap shut. There will always be someone that doesn't like the name you pick, but all that matters is that you and your partner are happy with it. Unless it had something to do with the health of your baby then she really should not have commented. Either that or she should have pretended to like it.

I for one think it is a lovely name. I have heard it before but I don't think i came across it in all my own searching for a name. So not only is it nice, but it seems like it hasn't been overused.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Hi,

I am stunned that your midwife would say such a thing!!!!!!!!!! Fair enough if she doesnt like it but what she said was a bit uncalled for i think.

Personally i actually really like the name you have picked, i like uncommon names.

But at the end of the day, its up to you and what YOU LOVE and if you LOVE that name then go for it, dont let anyone influence you.

Good luck grin

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Peyton is a lovel name!

Perhaps the mid-wife meant more about the spelling rather then the name itsself. My neices name is Kristine with a K and it is always getting spelt wrong and I've lost count on the the way people have tried to spell Renee, It drives me crazy!

Still she proabably shouldnt have commented at all as its not her decision.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

Hello,

I agree with the other people. Peyton is a beautiful name. I dont understand why anyone would say that it is not being fair to the baby.
The middle name is also nice. I am doing the same thing with my bubs to be giving her my partners grandmothers middle name. But i think your names sound beautiful together.
If your happy with that name then that is all that matters.
Good luck with it all.

Tina
What's she on about. Maybe she misheard you or something as Peyton I think is a lovely name and not too common but definitely not weird. Sounds like your midwife is a bit of a misery. All the best with everything.
That midwife should be told to mind her own business! Peyton is a gorgeous name, and fits in pefectly with the rest of her sisters!

Go for it!
Peyton is lovely, I really like it. When I was pregnant I really liked the names Lotus and Starla (eventually named her Indiana). Alot of people would comment on these names and someone once said to me 'Would you like to go through life called that?! My response to these people became; I'm not asking your opinion, you asked me!

It is your decision (and hubbies) there is always going to be someone who doesn't like the name so just ignore them.

Good Luck

Leah, Pottsville NSW

Thats really nice name.. how could she not lke that!

Peyton Joyce.......... THats great!

I chose the middle name of my bub that due in oct after her great grandma too....... they absolutly love the idea and thought!

good luck
I think your names are great...I'm assuming that the midwife was referring to naming her Joyce after her grandma wasn't fair??? That's so unprofessional but anyway, I don't think you need to concern yourself with her opinion, naming a child in someone's memory is a beautiful thing to do! Besides, even if her grandma won't remember her at all, she will hopefully still get to know her (and the woman she used to be) and hopefully feel proud to be named after her. Many people are named after relatives who have passed away as well, would this midwife think that's unfair too? She probably would but noone else would!

Hope all goes well xxx

Chenoa, NSW, Jasper born 22nd September 06

Sign in to follow this topic