Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Is it wrong? Lock Rss

Hi all,

My husband and I are expecting our first baby at the end of August, a baby girl. Anyway everyone we know has girls, lots of girls and not a single boy. We are having trouble picking out a girls name. I like Chloe Ella, but my girlfriend has just had a baby girl and has named her Mia Chloe. Is it wrong to use her middle name as my first?

We have aslo chosen Joshua Douglas for a boys name, just in case. Our sir name is Broderick.

Honest opinions apprieciated.

Thanks Jamie

Chloe 6/09/06 and Riley 14/02/08

No way, i dont think it is wrong at all. Firstly, it is her bubs middle name not her first (tho even if it was her first, i dont think anyone owns a name as such, so if you liked the name i dont think it is wrong to use it.)
Plus if you really love the name Chloe, i dont think anything should stop you from using it. If your friend is a good friend, she will be happy for you, and it wont be a big drama to her! (well hopefully!)
Chloe is a really pretty name, and so is Ella, i think they sound gorgoues together. Good luck with your pregnancy i hope it all goes smoothly. xxxxx smile
PS When i was younger, we used to have some neighbours who were pretty close to my mum and dad. Anyway, they had a little girl, and named her Melissa, (my name). My mum was not offended or anything. They really loved that name, so why should mum tell them that they cant name her that, just cos it was my name? I really thought i was great! We were known as "Big Lissa", and "Little Lissa"(cos i was older.)
Good luck!
Hi,

Congratulations on the bubs. I love the name Chloe Ella. I dont think there is anything wrong with naming her that.
I wanted that for my little girls name but my brother stole it first. Anyway if you like it use it. It is only your girlfriends childs middle name you want to use it as a first name.
Good luck!.

Tina
I think it is fine to use the name. Most people's middle names become obsolete unless filling out forms which require your full name, so it's not like you are 'stealing' a name your friend used.

But I do think you should mention it to your friend. How can she be offended if you like a name that much. Just let her know that you really want to use the name, but were worried about what she might think. And if she doesn't like the fact, then too bad and use it anyway. At least you tried to go through the right channels.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Hi

No there is nothing wrong with using your friends daughter's middle name at all! After the birth no one even thinks about middle names anyway!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi,

No, its not wrong to use Chloe as her name.

Joshua Douglas is a great name grin

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Id still use the name anyway.

Theres no reason why you shouldnt.

Its not as if your using the entire name the same, so id use it.

Maybe see what your friend thinks too... she might not even mind at all! that is, if you want to tell her the names your choosing from.

I had the same prob with my bubs name, but in the end no one was really fussed it was the same, so you never know!

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Jaz smile
Sign in to follow this topic