Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Female version of JASON??????

Female version of JASON?????? Lock Rss

Hubby want to call our baby Jason.. Which is fine with me but NOT if shes a girl.
I have tried to comprimise with him & agreed to name her something that is close to his name like Jaysmine or Jasinta,
My logic being he can call her JAY. But hes adament that he wants her named Jason. I have looked on plenty of baby name sites & have never come across the female version for Jason.
Can anyone offer some advise PLEASE!!!!!!
By the way our scans say 70% chance of a boy but i'd rather be safe than sorry.
hi there ojo,

Funny i opened your post!!! I have a girlfriend whos name is jason!!! she is my age. late 20's. So i grew up looking at it as a unisex name i guess!!!! she also has a sister called shayne! Im wondering if the parents actually wanted a boy!!! hahhahah

good luck with the names hun!

kristyXX

Kristy mum to jamie and 4 month old imogen

I keep coming back to this posting and really can't think of a female version of Jason other than what you have suggested already. And it really isn't a unisex name. You could get away with using Jason for a girl, but I don't know if your daughter would appreciate it. You would have to make sure you always dress her in pink, keep her hair long etc.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Hi ojo,

I've never heard of a girl being called Jason but these things start somewhere! Why is he so keen on Jason even for a girl??? In any case, everyone would get used to it if it happened and, as you said, you're likely to have a boy anyway. If you have a girl I prefer the spelling Jaisyn smile
xxx

Chenoa, NSW, Jasper born 22nd September 06

congrats on the baby.may i suggest that you change the spelling of the name. like jazyn or something.

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://bf.lilypie.com

A person I worked with years ago named her daughter Jasona, believe it or not! Not sure if it is a name or if she made it up though. Good luck with it all.
I think the suggestion Jaisyn is awesome.

I love unisex names but my husband doesn't.

I love these names for girls...Billy, Charlie, Alex, Shane and Sean......

They are yummy

Sonia SA - Boy born Jan 06, new one due mar 07

I like the name, at first it seemed a bit odd but I really like it now. How about changing the spelling so it's Jaysen or Jaisyn?
My husband's name is Jason and I've thought of this as well. I have the equivalent female name to Jason....Jasynda! Or any other spelling like jacinda, jacynda or however u want to do it.
My husband's name is Jason and I've thought of this as well. I have the equivalent female name to Jason....Jasynda! Or any other spelling like jacinda, jacynda or however u want to do it.
Sign in to follow this topic