Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Boys name 'Braxton'???? Lock Rss

Hi all,
I need anyone to tell me what the first thing that pops into their head when I say the name 'Braxton'...
Did you all think of Braxton Hicks Contractions? If you did let me know. My hubby is adamant that everyone will think we named the child after a contraction. My mother and mother in law both hadn't heard of the contractions until I had them. How can I convince hubby that Braxton is actually a boys name???
HELP PLEASE

Emma, 2 boys 1 on the way and still smiling

too be honest i thought of bracton Hicks, however I also though of Toni Braxton the singer ( i think its her name) and in my baby name book is says :
Braxton : ( english) Brock's Town
Other names : Brax , Braxdon , Braxston , Braxten, Braxtin, Braxxton.
So maby you could still use the name but speel it different?
LOL - on the same page was the name Brewster - I thought of Punky Brewster... ( no offence intended to anyone who has a child with this name.)
hi smile

sorry, my immediate thought was Braxton Hicks.

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

hi

sorry my first thought was also braxton hicks contractions but i love the name...

i agree maybe so with braxdon or something...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

yep sorry thought of it to

natasha, S.A, nearly 3 year old boy

hi eggmum!

my first thought was actually "toni braxton" (i know someone else also mentioned this). the contractions didn't even occur to me! i also remember seeing a tv show, can't remember which but it had a boy "braxton" on it. i love it!!!

good luck convincing hubby, i know what it's like!

fluttah-bye!

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

First though was Braxton hicks... but that is becuase I in a babies forum.. 1 year from now, when the baby is older, no one would think of that.... If you both like it go for it!

Mandy, VIC, Mum of Hayley Born 02.06.05

me too, i dont like it at all maybe the other spelling that have been suggested might be a bit better

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

thank u all for letting me know what 1st came to mind. I'm slowly trying 2 get used 2 the name hubby wants - Bayden - but can u end up liking something that u 1st hated? Maybe I can pick middle name and let hubby choose 1st???
THIS ISN'T EASY!!!!!!

Hi there

I think you can get used to any name really and eventually it doesn't seem that strange. But will you eventually like it? It's a bit like hearing the same song on the radio over and over - you seem to start to like it just because you recognise it but you don't necessarily LOVE it. See what I'm saying?

I'd suggest that you keep looking until you find one that you BOTH like - otherwise you could feel cheated forever more.

Those baby lists and books of names can be useful to give you ideas. Don't stress about it, you'll figure it out when you need to.

Jodie, Sydney, CJ born 5/12/03

heya CJs mum -
I hadn't thought of it like that, thanks. We've had a book of names for months now and have printed lists from the internet, but all the names I like, hubby vaguely answers, then tells me a week later he hates the name.
The only reason I'm feeling more stressed is we're running out of names, and the baby's due on 9th Jan!!!!
We both like non-traditional names (at least we agree on that), but just can't find one we both love.
Fingers crossed someone will suggest a name that's perfect sooner than later... Thanks again, Em!

Hi Emma,

My partner and I have fallen in love with the name Bronson if bubs is a boy. I asked in another topic what most people's opinions and thoughts were on that name and so far had a good response. Maybe you good substitue Braxton with Bronson? Just a thought?

Barb - Daughter born 26/06-05 No# 2 due 17 Sep 06

Sign in to follow this topic