Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. What do you think of the name....

What do you think of the name.... Rss

Hi all,

I came up with the name Bronson for a boy and my partner really likes it? What does anyone else think of the name Bronson?

I still haven't come up with a girl's name yet. I like Emily, but my partner doesn't. So it's looking like Jade might be a possibilty.

Barb - Daughter born 26/06-05 No# 2 due 17 Sep 06

Its a very strong name for a boy.
When I was pregnant with my son we both went through a book and picked the names we liked. We then wrote them on a blackboard and if the name wore off we just rubbed it off. We wee left with 3 names 2 boys and 1 girl. The girls name I will use for this baby and we've chosen a different boys name which hadn't made it onto the list yet.

You could also try a search of different baby names to get a different, but not too wierd, name. Or just let your partner pick the girls name.
Good luck!

member since 2004

Hi Barb, I think Bronson's a great name. Quite strong and masculine ... although, u have to think what it could be shortened to (ie Bron/Bronny).

Just thought I'd suggest for a girl, if you're thinking of Jade ... we named our daughter Jaida as I love the name Jada but wanted something abit more unique as Jade is quite common now days.

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

personally i prefer more tradtional nsames for boys but dont mind bronson , its different but not as out there as others

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I think Bronson is a lovely for a boy. I think there was a Bronson on the TV show "Round the Twist"??(or something like that!!)
I also thought of Jada/Jaida/Jayda for your girls name list; although I do like Jade also. My dd is Jada Emily so I like both those choices!
Good luck with your decisions.

Kym - Mum to Jada (27.09.01) & Colby (21.01.04)

Hey! I think it is a great name!
my girlfriends little boy is called Bronson and he is SO cute!

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Thanks everyone for your opinions. My partner seems pretty settled on Bronson. I did think about what it might be shortened to, Bron or Bronny which is a bummer.

My partner has now come up with Skye all on his own for a girl. Does anyone think it still sounds too hippy? We have such a difficult surname to put with names so it's a little hard. Another name we came up with was by putting both our names together and we came up with Cara. Not sure about that one yet.....

Hi Barb, I like both those names .. probably Skye more than Cara tho. I dont think it sounds to hippy, I've actually picked it as a middle name for our next if it happens to be a girl (and if it happens,lol).

JaidasMum24

My hubby really wanted Skye for our little girls name, however our surname rhymes! So not an option at all.. I also think that Cara is a lovely name too..
Thanks girls, for your help.

It's nice to be able to chat to you and get your opinions. If I chatted to my friends or my mum or family, they'd all shoot me down in flames with whatever we came up with. So I might just surprise them after the baby is born.

I'd dearly love to have a name for the baby that is different, but not too unusual. I know the poor thing has to grow up with its name.

Any suggestions on a name that goes with Skye for a middle name?

Or Bronson, too, for that matter?

Hi Barb ... good idea. We didnt name our daughter until 2 days after she was born, lol.

Here's afew I like that go with Skye:
Kali/Kaylee
Lacy
Tiana
(dont know how well they go, but I like those names)

And for Bronson:
Ty
Tyler
Jack
Lukas
Riley

Hi Kirsty,

Thanks for those. I'll toss those around with my partner tonight.

As my mum told me, I didn't get named either until I was born. She was sure I was a boy and even though I was a girl, she didn't pick my name. My dad came up with it out of the blue!! She said sometimes you can pick a name and when the baby is born it looks like a totally different name, so who knows? But I'd still like to have some names ready anyway.

I also liked Yasmine but my partner said no way! Ah, it's all great fun, isn't it?

Sign in to follow this topic