Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Desperate for Help with Girls Names

Desperate for Help with Girls Names Lock Rss

I am now 29 weeks pregnant, I don't know the sex of the baby although I am planning on finding out when I have a scan next week. I thought my partner and I had decided on 2 girls names (Emily Christina or Mia Rose) but now he has turned around and said he doesn't want either of those. I am one that loves to be organised and I really want to have a name chosen before the baby is born. I am after a girls name that will go with the surname Clarke. My partner already has 3 girls, Jaaden, Mikaela and Abbey and 7 neices Shannon, Ashleigh, Jaimee, Eboney, Jessica, Taylah and Brittany so all of these names are out. Please please help.

Lisa
PS. The boys name we have chosen is Tyler John

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I are expecting our first baby in September and I am constantly throwing names at him and telling him to tick the ones he likes.

I love the following girls names;

Jorja
Zoe
Che (pronounced SHAY)

I think Jorja Clarke sounds very nice.

Let me know what you think.

Lotsa Love

mummaof3

Hi,

Tyler can be a boy or girls name, have you thought of that? You could use it no matter what you have.

Cassie

Cassie, SA, 19mth twin girls

I think you need the names to have more than one syllable as Clarke is a short surname. Sienna is pretty...or how about Jasmine? Chloe Clarke is cool - she'd be famous with a name like that. I love alliteration!

Other thoughts:
Maya (or Maia)
Zara
Alexandra
Chelsea
Penelope

Let us all know what you decide!

Hi there,

I agree with Cassie, Tyler is great for girl or boy!

I admit, Im biased...I have an 8 year old daughter, we named her Tylah!

Good luck!

Tina

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

Hi There,

I know how you feel it is such a huge decision,not to mention confusing.
We decided to find out the sex of our baby at 18weeks,and for about 5 weeks we couldnt agree on a name.(I am now 30 1/2 weeks).
We are having a boy so I came up with the name Jett which suited both of us. I think we will stick with this one.

If we were having a girl we also loved the name Mia Rose. My last name is Clarke also!It is such a pretty sweet girls name.

Some other nice names are:
Olivia Rose
Jorja Mattisse
Elke
Charlie Rose
Poppie
Maya
Imogen
Paige
Tiana.

Boys names:
Ethan
Flynn
Nelson
Xander
Noah

Hope some of these names may help you out.

Let us know which one you decide.

Goodluck for your next scan.
Take care.

Mumma 2 Jett 17months

hey lisa
have u had the scan yet?

what about caitlin akela?
we did have emily picked out as her middle name but i changed it in the end to akela..

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Well...I had the scan yesterday, but they couldn't tell what sex the baby was, so I am still no further forward. Perhaps they will be able to tell more at the 36 week scan.

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

Gday Lisa
We had our baby on Australia Day this year, I too like to be very organised and like yourself the names we had picked out or the names that I liked my husband didnt or changed his mind, Anyway we decided on Charlie Anne for our little girl, we have had mixed comments on her name , but 90% have been good (as in that a lovely name).

I actually like Gretchen and Ada aswell (kinda old fashioned I know) All the very best, Take Care and Good Luck

woohoo we did it!

I named my daughter Annaliese as I thought it was a "pretty" name....

Good luck and let us know what you choose

Jackie, Nicholas 5.5yrs, Annaliese, 4 yrs

Hi!

As is always the way...hubby and I had set our minds on Jazmyn Lilli for a girl....then found out we are having a boy!

We are still thinking, but not 100 percent set on anything, but I think the favourite at this stage is:
Jayden (it was hard enough coming up with the 1st name...we are stuck on a middle!)

GOOD LUCK!
Would love to know what you decide on!

Tina

Tina, mum to Jake, Tylah & Jayden smile

I love unusual names, I am only 19 weeks pregnant and the girls names I have picked out so far are:
Charlise, Anika, Chryshel, Seann, Mischa, Kyla, and Kiann.
Boys I like are Cruze, Tyson, Max, and Storm.

Karen.

mumof2

Sign in to follow this topic