Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. What Month Is Your Baby Due?
  5. due in october "04" mums to be buddies

due in october "04" mums to be buddies Lock Rss

Hi. I'm due with our first Bub on the 13th. Seems like if everyone is on time, they'll be a few babies with "birthday mates" Not long to go now. I'm off work and bored!!!! oh well, guess i should lie back and relax. won't be able to do that soon!
At the midwife checkup last week bub was in breech position. Anxious to find out if she has turned by next week (I'll be 37wks) if not looks like a big possibility of a caesar.

What is it like having a scheduled caesar, in regards to establishing breastfeeding and recovery? Particularly as I'll have a toddler to look after with not too many family / friends around to help out.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Wow, its all going so fast now, just under 4 wks till my due date and I thought it would drag on, but its not! Dont finish work till the 1st oct, in somes way I wish I had finished earlier - I would have had plently to do since my DH just ripped up the bathroom so we can have a bathtub in there when bubs gets here!
Kristina - I know what you mean by being breathless just on the phone & its what I do all day! The driving is getting a bit more difficult with the tummy in the way & its not that big :~
It doesnt sound like I will be having a 3rd u/s unless really necessary, so still wont be able to confirm if its a girl - just so long as its healthy but I know hubby really wants a girl! M/w says its still head down, just waiting to get out, funny how its constantly moving about there but as soon as the m/w appt comes, its head down bums up like a little angel tongue
Its an amazing feeling to have it moving about inside isnt it? Only over the past couple of weeks I have really been able to feel the more noticeable "sharp" body parts, Which I cant tell exactly but am guessing are the feet, knees and elbows, with the odd fist thrown in.
How is everyone doing?

Arna & Paije (29/09/04)

Hi to all the expecting mum's in October. My EDD is the 20th October. I'm 39 years old. I have a 23 y/o son Daniel. A 13 y/o daughter Sharee. And a 8 y/o daughter Sally. This is my 4th pregnancy. I'm expecting a boy this time. Although I wanted another girl and was very disappointed at first when I found out it was a boy at 16 weeks after having an Amino. I know he is healthy and he has all his bits and pieces and that is the main thing. My hubby has a sister, who has Down Syndrome. I come to terms with it shortly after and hubby is over the moon as this baby boy is his first son. My first son is from a previous relationship. All my pregnancies have been easy but this one has been hard due to my age. I have had Sciatica, Anima, Nose bleeds, cramps in legs and Dehydration and I'm tired all the time. He has been kicking since 17 weeks. I think he might be a kick boxer. The baby's head has been engaged since 32 weeks and the pressure in my bowel is unbelievable. I feel like he is going to come out any minute. I think my labour will be easy. My labour with the others was. 3 1/2 hours with my son Daniel. 40 minute labour with my daughter Sharee and 15 minute labour with my daughter Sally. All started with pressure in the bowel first, then my waters broke and then a few contractions and then I had my beautiful baby. I'm home in 4 hours after delivery. Which is a good thing for me. I get straight into routine. All my babies have slept all through the night. Lucky me! Our main hospital is 1 hour drive. I had my last 2 at our local Medical Centre. God knows about this one. I properly have him at home. I feel like I will go early by 2 weeks. I'm calling him Bobby Greg. I wish everyone all this best with there labour. Keep those updates coming. I love reading how everyone is going.
Have a great Day.
KB

PS: If anyone would like to read a story about my son's life, here is the URL.
The Life Of Daniel
http://www.geocities.com/jackdanieldk/index.html

KB

Good luck with your birth KB i hope it doesnt go too quickly and you have time to get to the hospital.

I have 5.2 weeks to go but who's counting, I had a quick us on friday to check the placenta was out of the way, which it is and head is also down too, my daughter was breech, and i don't want to have a c-section again. Started packing my bag and the babys room is almost ready. I cant wait.....

Rach

I've just packed my bag. I'm staying with Mum at the moment. My husband is in Japan, due to arrive five days before Baby is due ( on the 13th) so I'm hoping that he'll make it in time. He's told me to keep my legs closed!! baby is heads down and making life uncomfortable. I feel like I have to pee constantly. Mum and Nana are more excited than I am. They have the bassinet all kitted out and are knitting like demons. Only problem is, we decided not to find out the sex, and finding cute newborn clothes that aren't blue or pink is becoming a problem. Hope everyone else is feelnig good!
Well the bum is still up in my belly! The other night it felt like the baby was trying to kick her way out down there, but I was grateful for not getting kicked in the ribs instead - James did me a real good one in the last pregnancy. I think it's probably more uncomfortable having the baby the wrong way around in there though, particularly when I get up and she kicks those veins that go to your legs! But yes the plus side is no problems with having to go to the toilet heaps.

The date has been booked! C-Section on Oct 7th as they like to do them a week before the due date. So unless there is some major movement / rotation before that day, it looks like the C-Section is a pretty sure thing.

Don't mind having a C-Section so much, just having to stay in hospital for 5 days and the recovery afterwoods, particularly with a toddler to look after at home.

Counting down now!!

There was a slight change in plans: Baby is still breech and due to bed availability the big day is now tomorrow!! Tonight will be our last night as a family of 3!

WOW!! You must be sooo excited Kristina especially because as I type this you probably have your new baby in your arms or asleep beside you!!! What did you call her??

I am also due in October, The 30th! So I guess it could be November although the midwives said at the last appnt that the baby was 3/5's engaged!!

Hope you are well and everything is great!
Can't wait to hear back!

Shannon

Shannon,SA,mum to be

Matilda Renee was born on October 8th at 9:52am.
Weight: 2945g and length 47cm
We are all doing great and back home now.
James loves his little sister and is being very good and gentle with her. I reckon he'll be a very protective big brother. The hardest thing is just not being able to pick James up because of the caesar.

"Congratulations" Kristina.

4 days to my due date and Im still waiting.
Heads been ingaged since 32 weeks.
Doctor wanted to induce me on Monday the 18th.
I think I will just wait for him to come by himself.
I dont want him undercooked. LOL.

Good luck with your new bub.
KB

KB

Hi

I'm also due in OCTOBER with my third baby. October 27th. This will be my third girl. My first labour took 12 hours, second 4 hours and this one is scaring me a little.

Channie, WA, Mother of 3 girls!

Sign in to follow this topic