Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

MARCH 2009 BUBS- REVISITED Lock Rss

Hi all had my test yesterday made me feel crap drinking that glucas stuff lol.
Well im at work iv cut my hours back to 8 hours a day smile it's great lol
hope all is well xxxx
I know this is probably weird to you all, but i like that drink!! Nice and sweet........mmmmmmmmm.....lol
Hey Twinkles76
i had my tests done yesterday and you dont have to fast, well i got told by doctor and midwife it's ok to eat and drink before hand so im sure it would be the same anywhere else.
I didnt like the taste of it and it made me feel really yuk but everyone is different. good luck and hope all goes well for you.
Well im just at work glad iv only got 3 hours to go and im heading home woohoo lol. going home to make 2 cheese cakes which are for someones work dinner tonight so i'll prob end up making 3 so i can eat one myself haha.
Have a great day
Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I for one am over this pregnancy - well working anyway just rather be in bed all day. I was having sharp pains/tightenings below and across top of belly and ended up in hospital for 3 days while they monitored me. Thank god he is showing no sign of trying to meet us early. I am still getting pain but not like I was - Very scary.
I feel like I am the luckiest person on earth with the kind of labours i have had so far with my two girls. 3 hours from start to finish. Drug free with the first one as it was so quick and I had a bit of Gas in the second but they took that off me as my eyes were rolling in the back of my head LOL. But my mum had quick labours also so not sure if its in our blood??

For the ladies freaking about giving birth I found the best thing that helps me during labour is thinking after every contraction that it is one that you dont have to have again and that you are closer to meeting your bub. And i also agree that while the pain is very real labour is the best experience ever. You quickly forget once your holding your baby. I used a mirror to encourage me also and tell them you want to pull your baby out - thats the best part!!!!!!!! Staright onto your chest - very rewarding

Be good
Merry Xmas to everyone if I dont get on here over the Xmas week

Sarah

Ok, so I have been so bad at posting lately, you have all probably forgotten me! I just looked back and I haven't posted on this thread since page 1! Forgive me wink. we have all been really sick this month and I hav taken the opportunity to rest up this last week and catch up on a few things. Plus of course you have the mad rush before Christmas!

So for the 3rd time I will introduce myself! I am Jo, 32. Proud mum to 2 boys, Cooper 3 and Aidan 17 months and wife to Darren 32. We are expecting a daughter on the 17th March.

You guys are seeming way too organised for my liking with all this talk of packing hospital bags etc. I am organised on the clothes front but her bedroom is another story! My sister and fiance are coming down for Chrissy and so I am leaving the bedroom as is atm which is study cum spare/junk room until after they leave. Then DH will need to paint it and THEN I can begin to get it organised! I tell you what, the more children you have the more relaxed you become with these things. With Cooper I had everything sorted by now! I dont think I will even have a cot matress by the time we get home from hospital! (She will be in the bassinette in our room for a while).

Anyhow, I found out this week that my hospital is now offering water births which I am going to look into. I was in the bath quite a bit during Cooper's labour but had to get out during the delivery, but found the water really good for the pain. So I am hoping it will be an option for us. Cant see why it wont, the boys labours have been straightforward.

Ok, I had better go. I hope to pop in more often.

Jo smile
Hi All, i had the glucose drink last week and it tasted just like lemonade to me - but a stronger version. Felt like i was getting a headache and a bit dizzy though after the drink, maybe it was too sugary! But it was drinkable.

I havent packed the hospital bag yet, probably 4 weeks before my due date i will!

i had my glucose tolerance test done on Monday. i was told not to eat anything 12hrs before my appointment, i guess it depends where you get the test done and whether they prefer you to fast or not.

Penn- i hope everything goes ok tomorrow and they find out where the bleeding came from.

i was going to go through all the baby clothes i was given and wash them but i just can't be bothered today lol, hopefully i'll do it tomorrow coz i've been given heaps of baby clothes, sheets, and blankets.
i think with my hospital bag well the babies bag i'm just going to buy that Huggies Starter Kit coz it has pretty much everything in there, will just have to put a few suits in or singlets or something lol

OH i went to the doctors on Monday also and i've put 5kg's on, i wasn't happy, i thought being bigger i would've had enough room for it to grow in, but no "let's make mummy put weight on" hahaha, doctor also said my uterus is now 30cm's and the babies head in already down.

Lime Cheese Cake

1 ½ packets digestive biscuits
175g Butter
grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
grated zest and juice of 3 limes
115g Sugar
350g full-fat cream cheese
150ml double cream
rasberries

1. Crush the digestive biscuits into crumbs.

2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter, mixing thoroughly.

3. Press the biscuit crumb mixture into a 20cm loose-based flan tin.

4. Place the cream cheese in a food processor or mixing bowl. Add the sugar, lemon zest and juice and lime zest and juice. Mix together thoroughly.

5. Whisk the double cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whisked cream into the cream cheese mixture.

6. Put the combined mixture into the loose-based flan tin lined with biscuit crumb mixture.

7. Chill overnight in the refrigerator until set. Serve with the raspberries.

thought all you cheese cake lovers might like this recipe, it is soooooooo good and easy to make!! yum yum enjoy

xx

Leah Anne Gerdes born 03/02/09

Woo hoo! 30 WEEKS TODAY! smile 10 long weeks to go. My little lillypie baby seems to be zooming along the line!
Cletus seems to be getting stronger as he gets bigger. His kicks and movements are getting bigger. He kicked his Grandma last night and she was over the moon. I'm really excted about his arrival but I think Mum is more excited. Probably because there will be a baby in the family again that she can give back if he throws a tanty etc. She's told me that if there is any justice in this world, Cletus will be just like I was. I'm hoping he'll be placid and quiet like his Dad!

Still getting indigestion. The pressure and twinges "down there" went away for a day or so but have returned again. It must be the position he's laying in.

3 more days of work until Christmas and 17 in total until I can have a rest before Cletus arrives. I've been told to do nothing but rest because the first 3 months will be tough. My sleep-ins are sacred so I'll be making the most of those before they're gone forever - Although I'm up to the loo all the time during my weekend sleep-ins at the moment!!

Hope you are all doing well! Best wishes to you if you're waiting on test results etc.

Sarah smile
Hi all well im back at work for another day:( so over it and cant wait for my holiday leave to hurry up now lol.
i get nearly a month off than come back to work for a month and than finish haha so it's exciting and seems to be getting alot closer so i can hold my beautiful baby smile
Im keen to get my baby out though iv had bad back pain for the past month and lately it's just getting worse and worse im actually considering going to the doctor as i haven been able to even sleep properly.anyone else having same problems???

They are doing road works at the moment out near my work and just out near my house to so when i leave to go to work i get stuck waiting for ages so had to leave 15mins early this morning to cover the time lol. Im over road works specially cause it takes me 40mins to get to work sad

Well im going to make the Lime Cheese Cake haha iv made one before about 2 years ago but lost the recipe, i absolutely LOVE Marsbar Cheese Cake mmmmmmmmmm yumo smile
I made a marsbar and plain cheese cake last night and they looked so yummy, i didnt end up making one for myself as i was just so worn aout and tired i couldnt even be bothered haha.
If anyone would like any recipes for cheese cakes sing out cause i no alot lol iv been making them for 5years smile fun fun, thought i would be sick of it by now but i love it lol.
Better go hope your all doing well xxxxx
Sarah!! i was the same ......i luuuurrrrrvvved my sleep ins!! MAKE THE MOST OF IT BABE!! lol I miss em heaps!! (im such a sook...hehe) Although waking up to a teeny tiny baby to admire is soo worth it!! smile

CANT WAIT TILL MARCH! BRING ON "D" DAY!!

Christelle
Hi all,

My name is Heidi and my EDD is the 28th February but I just know my baby will come in March.

I'm a first time mum so this is all very new and have found this thread to be great as you are all experiencing similar things to me so I hope you dont mind me joining in.

Has anyone else had a stubborn foot / knee digging into them? I have a pain below my boobs at top of my belly which when i push on it i can feel something - occaisionally baby lets me move it otherwise i get kicked back!

Hope you all get through the last few days before a Christmas break - this is the first Christmas in years that i'll have time off between Christmas and New Years so i'm very excited for the time off...if only hubby wasn't up in Innamincka working through Christmas...oh well...money, money, money!!

Sign in to follow this topic