Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

MARCH 2009 BUBS- REVISITED Lock Rss

Hello,
Everyone is different.
My Gyno told me not to worry about babys movements until week 28 and after.
You should feel bubby move at least once a day.
I sometimes dont feel him move all day until i lie down at night!
Most of the time he doesnt move at all during the day... then i lay down at night to go to sleep and thats his first movements...

Hi Girls!

Hope you are all going along greatly and enjoying all the little kicks and punches!

Seeing as all the old posts have gone, i will introduce myself again... Im 24 and due on 5 March 2008 with our 1st (hubbys 4th). We are both over the moon and busily doing house renos before the little one arrives.

I've got a question - I probably should know the answer, but I dont.

Is it true that if you start to express before the babys born that you will just start to produce more milk? I'm a little confused. I've been leaking since about week 23 and was wondering if I should express some the week or so before im due, just so we have some (colostrum i think its called) on hand just in case something happens after the birth and i'm unable to feed or produce any for the baby. Some medications and pain relief can cut the supply off right?

It was just a thought I had and would welcome any advice!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

smile

Hi Girls!

Hope you are all going along greatly and enjoying all the little kicks and punches!

Seeing as all the old posts have gone, i will introduce myself again... Im 24 and due on 5 March 2008 with our 1st (hubbys 4th). We are both over the moon and busily doing house renos before the little one arrives.

Is it true that if you start to express before the babys born that you will just start to produce more milk? I'm a little confused. I've been leaking since about week 23 and was wondering if I should express some the week or so before im due, just so we have some (colostrum i think its called) on hand just in case something happens after the birth and i'm unable to feed or produce any for the baby. Some medications and pain relief can cut the supply off right?

smile

Hi Girls!

smile

Ok - something weird just went on! Sorry about all the extra posts!

Hey girls,
I have been reading this thread for a while now so thort i would actually right something instead of just reading,
I am due on 25 March 09, With my first and it is a GIRL,
I have just read a few of you only feel bubz move at night, it is also the same for me when i get home from work and lie down on couch bubz kicks and kicks.
Hope everyone is doing well

Holly
Hmm you probably could try to express some colostrum, but you may only get a few drops if that! I'm sure not much will happen to make your supply go, as once the baby is born that's when the hormones kick in and tell your body to start making milk, colostrum. It's up to you tho, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt!

Michelle, great cake hun!! Can you make the next one I will need!? tongue

Welcome Holly! Congrats on your girl!

xx Nic
[Edited on 01/12/2008]

Alex 03, Lauren 05, Matt 07, Cora 09

Holly - Welcome to our gang. Congrats on the little girl.
Michelle - congrats on the cake. I get my friends mum to make Amelia's cakes. Otherwise it would be packet mix muffins all round. Cooper has beautiful red hair too. He's such a cutie.

I have my checkup today with the midwife. I'm going to talk to them to see if there's anything I can be doing for all the throwning up and pains etc. It's getting terrible and if I don't take anything straight away I can't cope by nighttime and am just a wreck. Not good with looking after kids.

I'm excited about the wiggles though. Only 5 more sleeps. We're taking two 2 year olds so should be fun. Also have my 3D/4D next Thursday. I'll post pics up if I can work out how. I just want to see my little girl again.

Hope everyone is ok.

Hi, thought I would alos introduce myself again, not that I have posted here too much.

My name is Lisa, I'm 25 - live in Gisborne NZ. My df is 33 and we are expecting our 2nd lil girl on the 2oth March. We have already (probably) named her Jorja. Her older sis is Ella and she is 16 months old.

Me&bubbles... I expressed off colostrum in the week or 2 leading up to the birth of dd1... My midwife said it was good to, I sterilised a cup and syringes... Filled 3 of them and put them in the freezer, didn't need it afterwards... But I still gave them to dd1. I don't know about boosting your milk supply... But it is good just in case you can't feed baby straight away.

Ok am introducing myself again too.
I am beck, pregnant with my second...I am 32 years old...live in the blue mountains and hoping for a VBAC. I have a 3 year old daughter. I am working full time until end of year and a few days next year as a school teacher.
Previously experienced PND.

Have started reading book "Labour of Love". I really want a natural birth this time but am anxious due to obstetrician saying if I don't go into labour natrually I will have to have another c-section.

Anyway well see...
In relation to colostrum.. I have also heard that nipple stimulation 5 mins at a time for about an hour can also help you to go into labour...best to wait till about 37 wks for this though...don't think it could have any negative affect apart from if you nipples are sensitve....anyway just a a thought.

Hey Lisa, My youngest Kynan was born on 19/07/07 and im due on the 20/03/09 too!! Im having a surprise, which gives me just a little bit longer to hope im having a girl, but i had a very real dream the other night it was another beautiful little boy who i loved instantly, so now im thinking its a boy!!!

Michelle - great cake, i love making cakes, i did a cake decorating course last year and so far i have made a nemo cake and a winnie the pooh and friends cake, the kids always love them so much. This year i will have to buy Jesse a cake for his 4th bday because i am due 1 week before his bday, so i will either have a newborn or be very big and overdue!!!

Beck, im also going for my 2nd vbac, as i had a succesful vbac with kynan. Try not to stress to much about going over due i was 10days over with jesse and kynan was 4 days early. Also i have heard accupunture is very good, so book in for that the week of your due date, i was booked in last time but had bub before my appt.

Penn1, im also having a 3D scan on thursday, cant wait to see what my bub looks like in 3D, then i will be able to guess if it looks more like a boy or a girl - even though they all look the same!!

Well thats all for now better get some house work done, have a great day everyone. Nik
[Edited on 02/12/2008]

Jesse 27/03/05 Kynan 19/07/07 Amber 12/03/09

Hey team, not gonna bother with a rant, lol....

found us thou..lol...
Re-intro - I'm Rach, from Lower Hutt NZ.. preggas with 2nd child (boy) due on 6th, although recent scan said 3rd, lol.... and i'm hoping for a VBAC too....not just hoping but praying ...hehhehehe...

i just have to say they the next few weeks are gonna be mad, not only will i be snowed under with work, but our weekends are filled up too.... is anyone else feeling over whelmed with xmas coming???

I just want to hibernate, lol...

Hey sarah, thanks for that, now i'm hungry lol....

I so have to have that, might make it my mission for afterwork, lol....

[Edited on 02/12/2008]

Blayne Stylus 19/01/05 & Kayce Kristu 03/03/09

Sign in to follow this topic