Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Babies Due October 2009 Rss

Hi Everyone

Man it has been busy here gfor the last 1.5 weeks since DH got home. man it is so nice to have him back so i can get a bit of a break.

When i had my OB appointment last week got bloods back and i'm aneamic so that explains why i have been so exhusted. I have to go see my GP because the OB at the hospital was all booked out.

We chose not to get DS#1 circumsised and would only do it if medically necessary and will do the same with this boy. But I think as long as you look into it and make an informed decision that you will make the right choice for your son. It is a hard thing to decide.

I have just under 5 weeks to go now wow it has gone so quick. I still havn't packed my hospital bags yet i should really get onto that lol.
How long is everyone else planning to stsay in hospital for? I was speaking to them last week and as long as there are no problems with me or bubs we can leave within 6 hours of giving birth, so i think with the kids at home I will probabaly take that option. makes it easier on everyone

Hope everyone is well

Erin

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

How long is everyone else planning to stsay in hospital for?

im hoping to be out within 24hrs smile i dont want to be away from DD too long but i know im going to need help with breastfeeding twins

i have another growth scan tomorrow morning. cant wait to see how much they have grown. i have to take DD with me so hopefully she behaves lol

32 weeks tomorrow. i have my fingers tightly crossed that they come within 4 weeks. they are getting to heavy to lug around lol
Hi all and welcome to the new mummies smile

Can't remember who posted about breech bubs???? My bub is breech still! I have a MW app next week and they will discuss ECV then if it has not turned. I am not stressing (trying not to anyway lol) too much as DD#2 was breech up until 35 weeks so I am hoping this bub does the same smile

I am planning on not staying long in hospital!! I guess if bub comes late arvo/night I will spend the night and if it comes early morning hopefully I won't have to stay overnight! I have still packed for a month though lol.

Both my girls were jaundice (dd#1 only slighly but dd#2 I had to spend 5 days but they never put her under lights) and I figured there is nothing that they done in hospital that I couldn't have done at home so I am hoping to get out before this one looks like going that way lol.

I am 34 weeks tomorrow!!! Hopefully I only have 4 left to go lol.

I am all ready now just need a baby to complete everything smile

Hope everyone is feeling well xx

Not sure how long to stay in hospital. Depending if I have VB or C-Sect. DD I had on Thur morning and was home by Sat lunchtime. I was more than ready to go home. The hosp staff were great but I felt really confined in the room I was in even though I had a nice view LOL.
I'm not really sure either how long to stay in hospital. Guess just depends how everything goes. Anyone suffering leg cramps during the night? OMG had 2 on saturday night. Is it caused by lack of salt? anyone know?

Posted by: My Girls
I'm not really sure either how long to stay in hospital. Guess just depends how everything goes. Anyone suffering leg cramps during the night? OMG had 2 on saturday night. Is it caused by lack of salt? anyone know?

Yes it is from lack of salt or sodium as far as I know. But that's when you get them out of pregnancy although it's probably the same thing. Drink lots of water and keep your legs up!

Matthew Edward Murphy 9/10/09

Not sure how long i will be in hospital for....
my previous two births were natural VB but both children were born early and had low birth weights, so we had to stay in for a while....plus i had trouble getting them to attach when breastfeeding!
Hopefully it will be lucky third time thought with this one! I will be looking forward to coming hometo my family. The closest hospital to us that i will be birthing at is a forty minute drive away, so the earlier i get home the better....less travel for everyone.

Thankyou for the reply regarding Breech pregnancy/birth. I have an appointment with Doc next week to see if bub has turned. Otherwise we too will be discussing the turning procedure.
I would love it if you could keep me posted on how it goes??!

[Edited on 31/08/2009]
Posted by: amielou83

Thankyou for the reply regarding Breech pregnancy/birth. I have an appointment with Doc next week to see if bub has turned. Otherwise we too will be discussing the turning procedure.
I would love it if you could keep me posted on how it goes??!

Same goes!! I would like to know how you go aswell smile I have been researching the turning and not sure if I will do it or not if it comes to that!! So confusing! Fingers crossed our little bubs find the tunnel lol. Also if you google how to turn a breech baby it will give you lots of different things you can do at home that are harmless smile

Hi all

Gosh we have been busy posters on this thread! hehe! It's great that everyone shares!
I had to play Principal for 3 days of last week... oh what an eye-opener! Give me the classroom anyday over working in Admin. I had 3 teachers sick on Thursday and 4 on Friday plus 2 Education Assistants out with swine flu and no relief staff for any of them... chaos!!!
I paid for it over the weekend with major BH and pelvic pain... i seriously thought Audrey was coming early - not good when you live 1500km from the city! Thankfully all is ok and she is happy enough today!
Serious countdown on for all of us now... it's great!
Neets x
[Edited on 31/08/2009]

I have been reading some older books, pubished in the 70's that talk about active pregnancy and birth. A few 'try at homes'ways to turn your breech baby sounded pretty simple. I tried one that suggested lying with you legs and pelvis elevated so that the baby can move clear of the pelvis. It recommmended staying in that position for 15mins at a time.
After i tried this for a few nights i felt the baby have a huge movement ....... so hopefully (fingers crossed) bub has moved!!
i think ive pulled a muscle in the top of my tummy or righty has managed to kick me hard enough to bruise me sad either way it hurts especially when i stand

get to see my little men again at 11 today smile
Posted by: *alana*
i think ive pulled a muscle in the top of my tummy or righty has managed to kick me hard enough to bruise me sad either way it hurts especially when i stand

I've also split a muscle on top of my tummy and it really hurts when i move a certain way or if the kids put pressure on it. The OB told me it is common with the more pregnancies you have with all the stretching the muscle bacsically seperates

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic