Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Babies Due October 2009 Rss

hi there
I am due 7th of October

hi everyone

every time i think my morning sickness has gone it comes back but i only think its because i am so tired at the moment.

I can't wait to have my scan on thursday hopefully there is only one in there as twins and triplets run in the family.

It feels so great to have finally got to the 12 week mark and that little bit closer to the half way mark..my boys are starting to get more excited about the baby now my tummy is getting bigger i feel i am going to be huge this time but it is the 4th time my body has been through this so i guess it knows what to do.

well i hope you all have a good day and a great easter and i hope that easter bunny finds you all

Hi Everyone

Got my NT results today trisomy 21(downs syndrome) is 1:17662
Trisomy 13 (patua syndrome) and Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) 1:12608

So all low risk factor for me thank god. Has anyone else got their results back yet?

I also had another hospital appointment with the OB today and they are doing some blood tests for antibodies and liver function and a few other things to see if there are any underlying problems because i've had high blood pressure and cholestasis in previous pregnancies. So I have to go back again in 2 weeks to get the results

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hi girls - we have had our scan - YAY! But we measured smaller than we thought, so our dates moved from the 23rd of Oct to the 26th. Makes sense when it was nearly 4 days late for me to get two lines on a test!?!

Very happy to see a head, two legs and two arms and a heartbeat. Too little to measure much and I'll just ring the Dr next week and see if he's happy with a scan at 11wks or if he wants another done next week.

But essentially, its all good and people think we're completely mad having kids so close together (19mths and 20mths)! So do I when we have performances like we have had in the last week or two, but I have to remember that the baby doesn't arrive tomorrow!?!

Isobel 19/7/06 Molly 14/2/08 Sam 4/10/09

Hi all just got home from work, pretty cruisy night. Well i booked in to the hospital so far im the third one to book in for october. I then had app with midwife and that took forever she wouldn't even let my DF in because she had to ask q's on domesic violence. Then she was like you need a 12 week scan and then i was left waiting in the corridor (appox 20mins) while she tired to get the dr to write a referral which of course he wouldn't. He was pretty cranky at her even pulled her into the staff room and was like you can't give out ultrasounds blah blah. SO now i have to have app with dr so i can have counselling before getting the NT scan pretty crap and after all that i will be over 14 weeks before ill even have the scan so there's no point because you have to have it before 14weeks. I swear i always get stuck with medical ppl who really don't know what they are doing. Just my luck.
Anyway im off to bed.

Hey all!! JSCNBUMP glad everything was OK for you at the Dr smile I have been really well and finally have my appetite back so the last 4 days have been eating anything I can get my hands on lol. I have been buying all baby stuff as we gave away all ours after DD#2, all of it so far (cot, change table, rocking chair, aquarium bouncer/vibrations, baby bath) is 2nd hand but all in great condition and cost me under $160 so I am stoked just need to get tall boy and I am ready!

I have a midwife calling me on the 23 April so guessing she will make a booking for me to go the hospital after that :S It is really confusing me this time round as I have had next to no antenatal care at all the Dr's where I normally go do nothing and I will be at least 15 weeks before I even talk to a midwife. My Dr that I seen with the girls was a trained OB so from the time I fell preg I had the 4 weekly checks, measures, BP etc.

Well I had better stop rambling lol, sorry for the long post, hope everyone is doing really well xx

Posted by: Jazminsmum
Hi all just got home from work, pretty cruisy night. Well i booked in to the hospital so far im the third one to book in for october. I then had app with midwife and that took forever she wouldn't even let my DF in because she had to ask q's on domesic violence. Then she was like you need a 12 week scan and then i was left waiting in the corridor (appox 20mins) while she tired to get the dr to write a referral which of course he wouldn't. He was pretty cranky at her even pulled her into the staff room and was like you can't give out ultrasounds blah blah. SO now i have to have app with dr so i can have counselling before getting the NT scan pretty crap and after all that i will be over 14 weeks before ill even have the scan so there's no point because you have to have it before 14weeks. I swear i always get stuck with medical ppl who really don't know what they are doing. Just my luck.
Anyway im off to bed.

ummm.... why couldnt the midwife just give u the forms for the ultrasound? My midwife did all of mine, I dont need to see a Dr at all throughout this pregnancy (unless something goes wrong).. Seems a bit odd that a Dr needs to give u a referral... unless ur in a private hospital or a hospital without a ultrasound machine in it??... I dont think I was even given a referral, just the forms that tell them what they are scanning for.. but then again, my ultrasound and blood tests will all be done on hospital premises...
I dont know... but i feel sorry for u.. Hopefully the drs and midwifes where ever u are going can sort their differences and start treating ppl better!!

anyway.. im 12wks today.. YAY!!.. got my scan tomorrow so hopefully everything goes well smile
Posted by: Jazminsmum
Anyway im off to bed.

It's normal for then not to let your partner in while you get asked the questions as if there is a problem then you are not going to talk about it with the person sitting there so they have to do it for everyone.

They definatly should have given you a referral for an ultrasound and that was very unprofessional of the doctor. Go and see your GP to get a referral thats who i got mine off as i knew it would be cutting close once I went to the hospital.
You dont need councelling before the NT scan they should only do that if there is a problem and an Amnio or CVS are needed. Just go get one from your GP

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

I think the whole problem is, is now they use locome ( i can't spell) DR's that come down from liverpool (yuk) so they don't have a very good relationship with the midwives. The old DR was great he use to give away ultrasounds left right and centre, he even let me have a second one around the 20weeks because we wanted to find out the sex with our first. Hopefully ill get it sorted. there was even talk of closing down the maternity.

On another note, i was reading a post in the homebirths section it was called something like the homebirth of marely was meant to be a waterbirth (along those lines) and in it she tells you her whole birth story and in it she says how her doula makes her a placenta smootie and how she has been eating it over a period of time.They cut it up and freeze it. Has anyone ever heard of that? it really grossed me out . Is it a common practice?

anyways have a good day
Kez

kez - i have heard of heaps of people eating/drinking the placenta. quite a few freeze it and eat a piece of it each day in order to prevent PND and a lot of others bury it in the garden. i personally couldnt even look at it let alone take it out of the hospital to eat it or anything lol

is it possible to feel kicks/movement at 11 weeks? i swear i have felt something the last couple of days...like one of them stretching or something? maybe im just going crazy lol
one more week til im 12 weeks YAH lol and only 1 and a half weeks til my baby is 2 sad
Hey All

I also had my scan, and was low risk which is fantastic and everything else measured appeared normal. And it was also awesome to see Bumble, who was kicking and having a ball in there with all that space!

Thats awful that the DR did that and wouldn't give you the referral, now that I am booked into the hospital, they will do all my referrals for ultrasounds etc, I won't even go back to the GP unless needed. I hope you get one and have it whilst you still can.

Well I am starting to feel pretty good now, less tired and not so sick! YAY Hope everyone else is also feeling well. Does anyone else have a bump already, we took a photo last night and I already have a bump!!

was Bubbagirlsmama

Hey smile
my names lisa and im due with bub number 1 on october 20th!
Sign in to follow this topic