Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Due in September too !! Rss

Hi every body, I am new to this but thought i would join in as it looks like fun smile

I am 35yrs old and i am 7 and a bit weeks pregnant after IVF treatment in december 2009, I am due on the 10th of september 2010 and i just found out last week that i am having TWINS.

I spent most of last week in the hospital due to spotting but after 2 ultrasounds things look good (fingers crossed)

I have terrible "all day" nausea and i am exahsted most of the time ? Does anyone know if pregnancy symptoms are worse with twins or is it normal to feel crappy most of the time ??

This is my second pregnancy but my daughter is 12 years old now and i don't remember feeling this crappy with her ?

Any helpful tips and hints would be greatly appreciated smile

Thanks and good luck everyone smile

come join the september 2010 thread... there is about 28 of us due in september, or if your interested i think there is also a twins thread for twins due this year... but your definitely welcome to join the morning sickness, u/s, appoint and names chatter happening in september 2010!

Hi, I had indentical twin girls and this was my first pregnancy. Everything was magnified as there was 2 of them. I got bigger sooner, I got much hotter and seemed to be feel everything and know which twin did what, twin a on left and twin b on right. Now twin a is Julia and twin b is Lillian.
My girls were born in Sept as well, however they probably should have been born on the 7th or the 8th but my waters broke on fathers day at 4am in the morning, in 2008 and was put on drugs not to have them, as I was 33 weeks and they wanted me to get to 34 weeks. I had them at 34 weeks and 2 days. They were finally born on the 13th of Sept, 2008, very early Saturday morning. I was lucky to have a natural birth, assisted by Mr Forceps and the help of an epidural (note to you, you will have to have an epidural due to the fact that you are having twins. MAKE SURE THEY KEEP THE DRUG TOPPED UP AND DON'T FORGET IT!!!, THEY MADE THIS MISTAKE WITH ME). I had to have scans every fortnight until I was 28 weeks. as they were sharing a placenta.
All I can say is that you just need to do what you feel comfortable doing. I found swimming helpful, and some short walks. I also slept a lot as I was so tired. I could not work past 28 weeks as I was too big. Having twins is so amazing and I know everyone says that, and it will be so nice to have an older sister as well. We did not find out the sex and we were so glad we did not. Make sure to use wheat packs that you can heat up in the microwave, also cook up a storm before the birth and freeze the dinners. We did that and we had enough food for at least 3 months. It was a great help. As the first months as you would know from your first child are a blur so you can imagine with twins it would be harder. I also expressed breast milk and put in bottles so I could feed them easily and that Daddy and guests could feed the babies. I could never manage the dual breast feed without help, and being on your own is hard and you need to do what works for you. The sooner you get the babies in a routine the better, feed, go out and sleep at the same time.

[Edited on 25/01/2010]
Sign in to follow this topic