Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sept 2011 Rss

Hi there
Haven't been on here for ages!
Hope all is well with everyone

Our baby girl is 8 weeks on Monday. Time is getting away
She eating and sleeping well. She is extending her hours during the night which is great.

I am soo over breastfeeding
Just a vent, but I have sore nipples that I am working on and I have rang breastfeeding hotline for advice. I just feel like all I am doing is feeding and dont get a chance to rest my breasts and that I do all the work with bub...
Anyone else sick of it..??
I am going to continue, just having a bad day!

Hey so am with you on the breastfeeding thing my nipples were so sore i just about cried every time i put him on, so i decided enough was enough i dreaded feeding him so i put him on formula well after 2 days of formula i decided his stomach did not agree with it, so i went an saw a lactation consultant and it helped so much, i put pawpaw cream on my nipples and it works so well and after a week of breastfeeding after getting help from lactation its so much better i dont get sore nipples and i tell you its easier to breastfeed at night then trying to make up a bottle when they are screaming. every week i would say to midwife im giving up on this lol

Well my lil man is 6 weeks on monday, ekk jabs next week so not looking forward to that but got to be cruel to be kind i guess.

Well we have our ups and down days, he has a bit of colic what makes him unsettled some days, but he is sleeping longer periods at night yay sleep smile

Regarding the breastfeeding thing town, well we have a parent room i found out but it is so disgusting its in these disgusting toilets i wouldn't want to eat my lunch in there so i would not exspect my baby to, i think im going to write in to my town council about this issue. When i do go to town i make up a formula bottle just incase he needs feed.

Hope all is going well for every one

Well we go for a first lot of needles on monday thank god the DH has the day off work as im not looking forward to the screams. Im looking at put DS on formula and stopping bf soon as he seems to go alot better on formula then bf as come to the end of the day he plays up for a few hrs where as on formula hes more awake and quiet then doses off to sleep. All the family keeps pushing me to bf but there comes a point where you know your body better then anyone else and when he's not getting enough and having to top him with formula then i might as well put him on formula instead of mix feeding. Went to my mil last weekend that was a nightmare kept trying to tell me how to raise my child.... funny thing is my DH is a twin and he got separated from his twin brother as his mother couldn't handle both of them so he spent most of his younger years with his Nana and it shows cause his mother favours his brother more.
Hi Ladies

Well Isla will be 8 weeks old on Monday- time sure is flying, she is getting to big and isnt my little newborn anymore! We are going to go buy a video camera so we can record her from now on, you forget just how little they are!

With breastfeeding, i have never had any issues ( sorry that sounds like i am big noting myself) but i just havent. She latched on perfectly from the first go! But id say, if it isnt working, keep trying for as long as you can take it, but otherwise move to what ever you feel comfortable with. You need to be happy and so does your little one.

Isla is sleeping really well through the night- most of the time its asleep by 8-8:30pm and she wont wake till about 3pm and sometimes she sleep right through and doesnt wake until 6-7am smile Im stoked!!

I am still trying to get a routine as she will do either 3 hr or 4 hr feeds through the day, sometimes 2 1/2 and sometimes she wont sleep for long through the day. I also want a better bed time routine, like bath eat sleep.....does anyone else bath bub every night? I dont but am thinking of starting it just to get a routine going so she is more aware of night time and knowing its time to settle down as it can take us a while to get her to sleep

Well we go for a first lot of needles on monday thank god the DH has the day off work as im not looking forward to the screams. Im looking at put DS on formula and stopping bf soon as he seems to go alot better on formula then bf as come to the end of the day he plays up for a few hrs where as on formula hes more awake and quiet then doses off to sleep. All the family keeps pushing me to bf but there comes a point where you know your body better then anyone else and when he's not getting enough and having to top him with formula then i might as well put him on formula instead of mix feeding. Went to my mil last weekend that was a nightmare kept trying to tell me how to raise my child.... funny thing is my DH is a twin and he got separated from his twin brother as his mother couldn't handle both of them so he spent most of his younger years with his Nana and it shows cause his mother favours his brother more.

Hey my ds is the same by 3pm i have to give him a top up with formula as he is so unsettled and will not want to latch but most of the time he is fine on me, but im finding every day now im toping him up, but find people are pushing this bf thing so much, and every time my mil comes over or we go over to her place she always tells me he is hungry, feel like saying i know my own child. Do what you feel is best, cause once my ds can handle formula a bit better i will put him on it full time.At moment some times it can upset his tummy

Hey How is everyone going? Well my ds is over 9 weeks now we have given up on the bf towards the end he would just muck around and not feed so now hes on formula. Hes doing quite well now. When he got his needles over a week ago he weighed 10 pnd 5 so he's doing well considering he was born earlier then should have been. Only problem we have is his belly button hernia im hopping it goes away and he doesnt have to have surgey when he hits the age of 4. Hope everyone is doing great. smile
hey everyone
how is everyone going?
Lily is almost 7 months old I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by!
I am now a single mum as of 3 weeks ago and finding the transition hard and very exhausting. Isaac is almost 3 which unfortunately means he doesnt quite understand that mummy and daddy have seperate houses. lily wont know any different but its still heartbreaking to know that despite my best efforts my kids come from a broken home =(
When times get hard I just look at my two beautiful blessings and it always makes me feel better. Lily is almost crawling, has been sitting up for two months, has been holding her bottle herself for two months and I am proud that she says mum, nan and bub =) I cant wait for what the future holds for the three of us and I hope all of you are experiencing some amazing milestones and moments together
Best wishes
Nadine =)

hey everyone
how is everyone going?
Lily is almost 7 months old I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by!
I am now a single mum as of 3 weeks ago and finding the transition hard and very exhausting. Isaac is almost 3 which unfortunately means he doesnt quite understand that mummy and daddy have seperate houses. lily wont know any different but its still heartbreaking to know that despite my best efforts my kids come from a broken home =(
When times get hard I just look at my two beautiful blessings and it always makes me feel better. Lily is almost crawling, has been sitting up for two months, has been holding her bottle herself for two months and I am proud that she says mum, nan and bub =) I cant wait for what the future holds for the three of us and I hope all of you are experiencing some amazing milestones and moments together9+

Best wishes
Nadine =)

Hi Nadine!-

Looks like we have all been pretty busy, going from writing every day to nothing haha!!
So sorry to hear about your break up. Must be very stressful xxxxx
Isla is over 7 months now and has been crawling since 6 months and also pulling herself up to stand on EVERYTHING, she says mummm mumm but thats about it, she squeals alot, like with excitment!! haha thats very loud and different if im out and about!
It has gone so fast, soon we will be organising her 1st birthday which is just crazy!
I love being a mum, im a stay at home mum until August when i go back to work but only 2 days a week smile i think it will be nice to have that break from each other.

Has anyone got plans to try for the next baby soon? We will start trying mid june smile

Hi Nadine!-

Looks like we have all been pretty busy, going from writing every day to nothing haha!!
So sorry to hear about your break up. Must be very stressful xxxxx
Isla is over 7 months now and has been crawling since 6 months and also pulling herself up to stand on EVERYTHING, she says mummm mumm but thats about it, she squeals alot, like with excitment!! haha thats very loud and different if im out and about!
It has gone so fast, soon we will be organising her 1st birthday which is just crazy!
I love being a mum, im a stay at home mum until August when i go back to work but only 2 days a week smile i think it will be nice to have that break from each other.

Has anyone got plans to try for the next baby soon? We will start trying mid june smile

Hello,

My girl is now 6 months and 20 days smile I cant believe how time has just went by so quickly. Georiga is now sitting all by herself and nearly crawling, she has said mummmm and dadddd and can clap. smile we are planning on trying for number 2 when she is just over a year smile
Hi all,

My little man will be 7 months on Monday and is going really well. I am very lucky, he is such a good baby. Sleeps really well and feeds really well. He is a big boofa at 12.5kg and LOVES his food!

We are also thinking that we will start trying again when Max is about 1.
Hi all

Well, our little Miss Molly is now 8 months old as of Monday just gone and yesterday, our GP referred her to paedeatrics for what looks like hip dysplasia. She has x-rays tomorrow but we can't get into see the paeds doctor until the 29th of this month so we wont know the severity or treatment plan until then, very stressfull.

Glad to hear all your bubs are doing so well, anyone crawling yet?
Georgia is nearly 8 months old I can't believe it she is 8kg and just had her first ear infection sad it wasn't a fun few days but she is better now. She has two teeth aswell. Gosh they grow fast
Sign in to follow this topic