Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

DUE JANUARY 2012 :) Lock Rss

Hi ladies thanks for ur kind wishes. Our smallest little man is settling in well. Not quite the feeder that we r used to but he does sleep which is a wonderful change for us - not banking on it staying the same and god knows we're well rehearsed in sleepless nights, but we're definitely making the most of it while it lasts. Whilst he does have to be woken to feed during the day he is putting on plenty of wt. so I'm not as worried as I was to start off with. Have decided tho that sleepless nights r much less worrisome than a bub that u don't think is eating enough.

We've only just started to have a bit of naughtiness from our eldest littlest man yesterday which we're trying to brainstorm ways of addressing. We're figuring he's only just realized the baby is staying and he's also noticing that I'm much less available. Also whilst DH is home and he loves playing with dad all day, dad is still having a couple of nurses a day where the attention is on the baby. Any ideas from mummies who have done it before would be greatly appreciated - the days r still pretty chaotic and they're not starting fully as early as we're all used to so I think he gets a little bored and is feeling a little left out. He had a big protest @ bedtime last night and was just mischeiveous all day. We're trying to be really calm with him and lot get cranky but he's starting to really push it and get too rough with his little brother so we have some strategies ready to try which will hopefully help. He's not the type who will be passified by helping with the baby all day either so we're only doing tiny bits of that. I know he'll come good but I just don't want to upset him and make it worse in the meantime - he does have a really beautiful personality ...... It's just a big change.

Well had really expected some more announcements by now ..... Hopefully soon. Kelbel I honestly thought u'd go 1st!
Hi Ladies,
No news here sad My due date is tomorrow and I really can't see baby coming anytime soon.. Even with all the BH & cramping that I'm getting I have given up thinking I will go on time. I have an appt with my midwife tomorrow to see how things are going. Think I will ask for a S&S see if that might move things along.

Has anyone else's baby been really active lately? Mine last night was going crazy for about 2hrs?!....

Mum to 3 gorgeous boys...

Hi ladies,

It is my due date today....

Other than a few signs of labour coming (the runs for past 3 days, strong period like cramps)I am sure I am going to go past my date. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow and I believe midwife will do a stretch n sweep..fingers crossed he arrives soon as i really want my body back!

Best of luck to all the other mums due smile

Thought I'd pop in & give an update...when I first posted this thread I was given the 1st Jan as my edd that changed to boxing day after my scan. I joined the due in dec group after that....looks like I'm back again haha, there's no baby yet & I'm 41wks today! I had a show this morning but not much else. This is bub 3 I thought he'd be here earlier than this! I hope I go tonight so I don't have to go to the mw appt tomorrow! Lol
good luck, your baby will be here by tomorrow, most probably... wish my baby would hurry up, over it already.lol

Thought I'd pop in & give an update...when I first posted this thread I was given the 1st Jan as my edd that changed to boxing day after my scan. I joined the due in dec group after that....looks like I'm back again haha, there's no baby yet & I'm 41wks today! I had a show this morning but not much else. This is bub 3 I thought he'd be here earlier than this! I hope I go tonight so I don't have to go to the mw appt tomorrow! Lol

good luck, your baby will be here by tomorrow, most probably... wish my baby would hurry up, over it already.lol
Glad your little man is putting on weight cazmaz, that would be stressful if he wasnt, no experience yetbut from what ive heard ur DS1's behaviour is completely normal, such a change for them! Seth LOVES babies and helping but i think its going to be a shock to him when the baby doesnt leave after a few hours lol

Welcome back Sofiesarasmuma, i went 6 days over with DS, its horrible, hope you dont make it too ur appointment tomorrow!! About time another baby. Arrived smile

Happy due date to Kyza and Kelbel, hope you both get the S&S ur after at ur appointments!

Kelbel my bub has been insanely crazy for about 3 days, non stop movement for hours on end and sometimes soo uncomfy ad she stretches her legs out and it feels like they r going to burst out my side! Not a promosing sign seeing as everyone says they slow down before labour lol still 17 days until my due date so guess thats not so suprising lol

Friends have organised a last minute baby shower for me this weekend so guess i better not try to hard too evict bub until after that lol

Cant wait for more baby news xxx

I hope the reason its so quiet is everyone is busy having babies haha not me unfortunately!

I have had 2 friends tell me they used nipple stimulation to bring on labour and it worked, thinking i might give it a shot next week after my baby shower on the weekend and i have everything set and ready to go smile
Cant hurt to try!

Hi all just a small update...I am now 2 days overdue.

Yesterday I had a stretch and sweep and other than a few hours of period like pains which were more painful that I had been having and a small amount of blood nothing has happened.

I am going in again Saturday afternoon for a second shot and if that doesn't work I am being booked in for an induction by the 13th..

Best of luck to all the other January mums smile
Hi Ladies smile

Still nothing here... I can't say I am surprised I went 10 over with DS1&2 & 14 days with DS3 but I was really hoping this time I would go on time..

I had my check up with the midwife yesterday.. Baby has fully engaged so I guess it is just a matter of time for things to get a move on. I had a stretch and sweep too and have had more of a show but thats about it. In a way I think I have given in to the fact that I will likely be induced on the 14th as that's my 10days over...Although that is the weekend so maybe not my next check up is with the Dr on the 11th so will have to wait and see what they say.. In the meentime Fx I go into labour...

Sending lots of labour thoughts to you all smile

bubone09 good luck with the nipple stimulation hope it gets things going ...
Kyza71 good luck to u too I hope things start before you have to be induced smile

Oh bugger! Was really hoping you would both be posting to say bub had arrived!

I had a check up today, all going well, bub is engaged and has dropped since last appointment, have next apt booked for my due date but hopefully i wont make it lol wishful thinking im sure!
Df is being such a pain about names, ive just been through the baby name book AGAIN! heres hoping we can get a rough list tonight n he doesnt just disagree with everything again!

Sending labour vibes too you all!! Come on babies!!
Xx

hey ladies!! wow still only the one bub for the group!!! crazy!!

I had a really restless night last night, was cramping all night...i dont think it was the start of labour tho...think it's just my body getting ready to labour in a few weeks.

I had my last day at work today!! my feet are HUGE!!! thank god for home time now smile

good luck ladies, hopefully some news soon!!!

hey ladies!! wow still only the one bub for the group!!! crazy!!

I had a really restless night last night, was cramping all night...i dont think it was the start of labour tho...think it's just my body getting ready to labour in a few weeks.

I had my last day at work today!! my feet are HUGE!!! thank god for home time now smile

good luck ladies, hopefully some news soon!!!

Hi Ladies smile

kellee*n*olivia*n*bump you have done really well to have worked up to 37wks I finished up at 34-35wks as I was finding it too hard.. It will be nice for you to relax now and await baby to arrive smile

bubone09 have you decided on names yet? We have picked a boys name but are still not 100% happy with our girls name. It is making me wonder if it is a sign of what we are having?!..

Well another night of tightenings only for them to go away sad I'm so over this 3 days over and prob my luck another 7 to go. It is hard to stay positive about labour starting when you get all the signs only for things to fizzle out..

Also having my eldest to contend with at the moment is extremely draining... He is a very demanding boy who feels the need to be doing something all the time. It is driving me insane! Every 5 min it is either I am hungry or what are we doing today?.. To which I answer what would u like to do? "I don't know?" ahhhhhh!!!

So here is to another day of frequent toilet stops, braxton hicks and awaiting things to begin....
Hope everyone else is ok can't wait to hear more labour stories smile

Sign in to follow this topic