Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Babies Due March 2012 Lock Rss

I'd like to join! EDD 26th March 2012 (but i will be telling people I'm due mid April after going almost 3 weeks over with DD). Dating scan booked for 2 week's time.

Sticky baby dust to everyone!
I'm interested that everyone seems to be having dating scans. I don't know if this is a standard thing in NZ - are there NZ ladies having dating scans or is it more an Oz thing??? I never had one with DS and there's been no mention of it this time..... would never say no to the chance to see bub! smile

Welcome LoveBeingMummy smile

MarniT - I agree.........I am not going to find out the sex either (didn't with DS and DD either) as I need something to work towards, and a little surprise after all that pain!!

Mandaloo - I'm in NZ. My midwife sent me for one due to my history (m/c earlier in the year). I had dating scans with both my kids...I have never been turned down for one tongue. How is it done in Australia? Are they routinely done, does anyone know?

I'm interested that everyone seems to be having dating scans. I don't know if this is a standard thing in NZ - are there NZ ladies having dating scans or is it more an Oz thing??? I never had one with DS and there's been no mention of it this time..... would never say no to the chance to see bub! smile

I never had a dating scan with DD and when I went for the 12 week scan my dates were a week out so they were only just able to do it then. I made sure I got a dating scan this time to be sure.

I think they try to only offer dating scans to people who aren't completely sure of their dates.

They weren't going to give me one this time but I asked and said what happened with DD so they gave one. There's no harm in asking if you want one smile
Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read through the latest posts.

I am being rushed off for an urgent scan as I have been bleeding for over a week and am now (sorry if TMI) getting clots and heavier bleeding. Midwife has told me to prepare for a miscarriage. sad

Fingers crossed x
Sarah
Sarah - am so sorry to hear that. Fingers are crossed that everything will be ok. xx

Oh Sarah!! I'm crossing fingers and toes for you hun. xoxox

Well, considering my cycle is like clockwork I think I'd feel like a fraud asking for a dating scan - I just wanna see that wee heartbeat but will have to wait another 6-7 weeks I suppose.....

Sarah I really hope everything is ok when you go for your scan. I am thinking of you xx

Afm - I just realized that at the start of my last pregnancy they took 2 weeks and 6 days off me on my first dating scan but I was a bit further so they found the heart beat and by the 12 week scan I got another 15 days back. So if everything is ok for my next scan I am hoping that they give me back a few days and then by the 12 week one I get a few more back! We can keep our fingers crossed.

I hope everyone is doing well. Belly rubs to all and sticky baby vibes.

Cheers

Shandi

Well ladies, it doesn't look too good. Have been told it's highly possible that I will miscarry over the next few days. sad
Bub has a heartbeat but an extremely weak heartbeat. Apparently they couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from and don't reckon it's anything to do with bubs, possibly from the cervix? No cramping. But have lost a few pregnancy symptoms lately.

Am still hanging on to the tiny tiny tiny bit of hope. But have been given all the instructions on what to do when I miscarry. Hoping to prove them wrong.

Take care ladies
Sarah

Well ladies, it doesn't look too good. Have been told it's highly possible that I will miscarry over the next few days. sad
Bub has a heartbeat but an extremely weak heartbeat. Apparently they couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from and don't reckon it's anything to do with bubs, possibly from the cervix? No cramping. But have lost a few pregnancy symptoms lately.

Am still hanging on to the tiny tiny tiny bit of hope. But have been given all the instructions on what to do when I miscarry. Hoping to prove them wrong.

Take care ladies
Sarah

So sorry to hear this but baby is still fighting on so thats always a good start.

Thought I would tell you my pregnancy with my daughter I had bleeding with cramps on and off the entire way through (started at 7 weeks through till she was born) and (sorry if TMI) had clots some the size of flattened tennis ball. For most of the pregnancy they told me it was to do with the placenta being so low lying and it would stop once the placenta was away from the cervix. Low and behold a week after being told the placenta had moved I had more bleeding with more huge clots. My daughter was born very healthy 3 weeks later at full term. They still have no idea what caused any of the bleeding.

It is so good you are hanging on to hope, I really hope things come right for you!!
nice to meet you all smile i hope everything goes well for everyone!

Sarah- i was sad to read your posts, i reeeally hope everything is ok! just dont give up! smile my sister told me when i was worried about losing this one that your body knows when you give up..(we lost our 1st baby). i have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
when i was having our boy i had bleeding from about 6weeks to 11ish weeks with a lot of cramping, it wasnt just `spotting` to me.. he turned out fine grin everything was ok and some bleeding happens to some, doesnt mean itll go wrong for sure :)we were on holiday in Adelaide for new years at the time so really ruined our trip! lol

my dating scan is booked for the 1st aug. itll be a nice 1st birthday present for our DS if all is ok, although he wont have a clue XD im sure he will be the best big brother :)about 1 and a half year gap that might be interesting lol. hoping this time we have a baby girl. i have a couple of baby girls dresses stored at my parents place waiting in case lol. but if we have a boy, oh well..
ive told my 2 sisters and parents the news but wont tell my partners parents till at least 12weeks, MIL is the annoying type who will go on and on if we lose this one, didnt even tell them about the baby we lost a couple years ago lol.
Oh Sarah, it must be so scary. I really hope your little bean holds on and proves them wrong sad

As for finding out the sex, it is a definate yes. I find it hard waiting for the 18-20wk scan let alone the whole 40wks, kudos to anyone who does though. 4 weeks until the 12wk scan, really looking forward to that one.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Sign in to follow this topic