Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Babies Due March 2012 Lock Rss

I was wondering has anyone here has tried using nipple guards to help with breastfeeding? I wasn't able to bf my two daughters cause I have rather flat nipples so I was going to see if the nipple guards would help with the next one.

Thanks for your help!

Hi JEM Gypsie,

I tried to use the nipple shields with DS2 as he cracked one nipple one week and then the next he crack the other one sad I found that I had trouble using them as he wouldn't go on correctly and he wouldn't stay on. I ended up having to express from the cracked nipple once he had had a feed so that for the next feed I had breastmilk in the fridge and would just start warming it up when I started feeding him on the good side. When he was about 4 months I ended up stopping breastfeeding as my nipples were very sore and he was starting to get fussy and he had already had formula as a top up feed at night. I was told by the midwife (I have an inverted nipple) while you are in the shower before bub is born to gently squeeze the nipple from either side and then from top to bottom which helps to poke out. Hope that helps grin

Hi Ladies congratulations to everyone on here!
How very exciting is it to be having a baby!!!

Im so excited i just cant wait to see bub in a few weeks!
And keeping everything crossed that my obstertrition will be open for me to try a viginal birth after having 2 c-sections!

JEM Gyspie with my first baby i had to use a shield as the first time i feed her she was vicious feeder and had a tounge tie and as i had no milk for a week after birth... soooo she tore my nipples to shreds sad it was so painful so the midwives recomended i give it a days rest and just express for a day(which i just expressed blood ;-( ) then use the shield, it was very had to get used to in the begining to keep it on and but it eased the pain so much.... The down side of them is bub having bad wind using them as they suck in more air than usual and then once they are used to them it is very hard to wean them off the sheild!
But if u really want to feed, i would deffenatly recomend them as i dont think i would have been able to cope with the pain every feed whith out it!
29th Feb//CRsMummy// DD 2 years/QLD
1st March// goldcoastmum // DS 2.5yrs // QLD
1st-7th March// loo Lou // DD 20months & DS 8months // Vic
2nd March//JonRah//DD 16months//NZ
4th March // LaySea (Marie) // DD 2 yrs & DD 6yrs // VIC
5th March// Proud_Mum_of_2_boys// DS1 almost 3yrs & DS1 18 months//
5th March //amymae(Amy) // DS 13 months //
6th March // JemGypsie (Jess) // DD 31months & DD 12months // WA
7th March // Mel&Scott
8th March//hayhay//DS 9months//QLD
8th March//najay// DD 2yrs/Vic
8th March//MarniT//DD 20mths//QLD
10th March // Mommabee (Kirsty) // DS 2.5yrs //
10th March // SabRacChaKel
13th March//Nerissa12//DS 2yrs
?? March // saerie.faerie (Sarah) // DD 13months // NZ
14th March // K822 (Kate) // NZ

Hi Ladies, we got our BFP this morning, we're over the moon! We've been trying since last year, been off the pill over a year though. All last week I was feeling sick and have been constantly hungry, but today I feel great, still hungry though tongue

Looking forward to the journey and having others to share the same times with! Baby number 1 for us so it's all new and exciting smile
MarniT - I'm the same I have a 9 month old and about 5 weeks with #2 I'm so scared so far (I know still early days) the pregnancy is going well, where as last time morning sickness hit at 3 weeks and I have it 24/7 for almost the whole pregnancy eased a little.

and congratulations to K8 - 22
K8 - 22 - congratulations on you BFP, it took us about 12mths to fall with our first after I came off the pill and all the docs said that was completly normal and healthy espcially as I'd been on it for at least 13yrs....It was a long road but so worth the wait and she is now 20mths.

hayhay - I am really worried as she takes up so much of our time already but as I said before we will cope - hoping to move before the baby is born so I don't have to go back to work.

Heading out to dinner with the girls from my Mothers group tonight - I don't want to tell anyone yet but it's going to be hard cause I won't be drinking and I usually have a wine with dinner - will have to say I just don't feel like it - I hope they buy it cause I could cave very easily roll eyes

I have a question for those of you who have been through this before regarding public vs private hospital

If you don't mind sharing what were your experiences and what was your out of pocket expense after your private health insurer paid out?

We had our first child in the public system but I'm interested in going private this time round as we now have private health but my husband is not so keen as he is worried about the out of pocket cost to us....just looking for information and opinions

MarniT - I'm the same my 9 month old is taking up alot of our time (my partner is currently away for another 3-4 weeks) so I am totally exhausted and already up all night peeing.

Is anyone else already showing? I'm almost 5 1/2 weeks and already popped out!
hay hay I am feeling your pain. My 2.5year old has epelispy and wakes at night when he fits. Between getting up to him and peeing hourly I am exhauted. DP gets home Wednesday so I hope things will get easier.

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

Hey everyone,

I havent had the best 2 days, i have had some bleeding after a dr's visit and then onto hospital which i spent about 8 hours today as they thought i may have been miscarrying sad They took blood and did some tests and gave me an anti d injection as my blood type is O neg. So now i am on rest and back to the dr's tomorrow for another blood test so they can compare the HCG so crossing everything that it stays the same or goes up. I have also been refered to early pregnancy assessment services to make sure it is a viable pregnancy i'll get more info on that tomorrow too.

Really hoping i get good news and everything will be fine, thanks for listening, none of our friends or family know i'm pregnant so i'm sharing with you all.

Hope you have all had a great weekend and welcome those who have joined us and congrats on getting your BFP smile

Hey everyone,

I havent had the best 2 days, i have had some bleeding after a dr's visit and then onto hospital which i spent about 8 hours today as they thought i may have been miscarrying sad They took blood and did some tests and gave me an anti d injection as my blood type is O neg. So now i am on rest and back to the dr's tomorrow for another blood test so they can compare the HCG so crossing everything that it stays the same or goes up. I have also been refered to early pregnancy assessment services to make sure it is a viable pregnancy i'll get more info on that tomorrow too.

Really hoping i get good news and everything will be fine, thanks for listening, none of our friends or family know i'm pregnant so i'm sharing with you all.

Hope you have all had a great weekend and welcome those who have joined us and congrats on getting your BFP smile

Big Hugs najay. Fingers crossed and sticky dust your way. I understand your feelings. Having lost 5 babies the wait to hear everything is ok is the hardest. Thinking of you. Remain positive....

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

mommabee - oh wow epelepsy that would be scary, as is whne my partner is home he still doesnt hear DS over the baby monitor, even when he is screaming...

najay - hope all is good and things turn out fine. Thinking of you and like mommabee said think positive.

Hey everyone,

Good luck. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.
Sign in to follow this topic