Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Due October 2014 Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I'm due on the 3rd October. I had an early miscarriage in December and was lucky enough to fall pregnant again next cycle! I wanted to wait until I had my dating scan before I joined the forums again. Two days ago I had my dating scan which was so amazing, we saw the little heart beat at 143bpm. This will be our first baby.

How is everyone else going with morning sickness? I feel nauseous from the moment I get up, throughout the day, up until I fall asleep that night, although I've only vomited once, I feel completely miserable and deadly tired. I keep saying to my husband...no one warned me I would feel so terrible. does anyone have any tips for coping with their morning sickness? I don't like ginger, and although I've heard it's the best remedy, I can't bear the thought of putting any form of ginger in my mouth.

Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and go through this exciting journey together smile
NurseR wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm due on the 3rd October. I had an early miscarriage in December and was lucky enough to fall pregnant again next cycle! I wanted to wait until I had my dating scan before I joined the forums again. Two days ago I had my dating scan which was so amazing, we saw the little heart beat at 143bpm. This will be our first baby.

How is everyone else going with morning sickness? I feel nauseous from the moment I get up, throughout the day, up until I fall asleep that night, although I've only vomited once, I feel completely miserable and deadly tired. I keep saying to my husband...no one warned me I would feel so terrible. does anyone have any tips for coping with their morning sickness? I don't like ginger, and although I've heard it's the best remedy, I can't bear the thought of putting any form of ginger in my mouth.

Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and go through this exciting journey together smile

Congratulations smile

I have been feeling queasy and not wanting to eat anything but i think it maybe brought on from the progesterone pessaries i have to take morning and night. I've only been able to eat chocolate muffin and nutella on toast and bread. also spag bowl is another food i can only have. I've found just eat snacks during the day eases the nausea.

x
Thanks Gracecoralstorrie. How funny you've only been able to have chocolate muffins and Nutella smile its crazy isn't it. I feel like eating nothing at all, but if I do eat its usually not healthy because I'm not able to prepare food because I feel so unwell, I can't even go into the pantry because of the food smell. Snacking does make a little difference. Maybe I should try chocolate muffins tongue
NurseR, and i don't usually like muffins! i baked mine myself so they were soft and fresh. tongue

But today i am not so much having nausea just indifferent to eating lol like i dont feel like anything...
Thought I would give you an update.

I had an ultrasound last Friday and everything looked fine and heard the baby's heartbeat. Prior to the Ultrasound when I went to the bathroom there was a little bit of blood, The blood then went away for a couple of days and I was feeling so confident that everything was going to be ok. Over the past couple of days I have been getting a little bit of tummy pain (not unbearable pain though) I woke this morning to find that the bleeding has returned! I no longer feel hungry (I just couldn't stop eating before) and even though I have been up since 1.30am I don't even feel tired! I just don't feel pregnant!! I have made an appointment with the Dr to see if I can get my HCG levels checked or to see if I can get another scan done. I just don't know what to do!! I can't lose this baby, this is my last chance!!!
Carolyn-276 wrote:
Thought I would give you an update.

I had an ultrasound last Friday and everything looked fine and heard the baby's heartbeat. Prior to the Ultrasound when I went to the bathroom there was a little bit of blood, The blood then went away for a couple of days and I was feeling so confident that everything was going to be ok. Over the past couple of days I have been getting a little bit of tummy pain (not unbearable pain though) I woke this morning to find that the bleeding has returned! I no longer feel hungry (I just couldn't stop eating before) and even though I have been up since 1.30am I don't even feel tired! I just don't feel pregnant!! I have made an appointment with the Dr to see if I can get my HCG levels checked or to see if I can get another scan done. I just don't know what to do!! I can't lose this baby, this is my last chance!!!

I really hope that everything is ok for you! sad Sending baby dust your way! x
Hi all. I got a bfp last night and did a blood test today. Looks like i'll be due 30th October by the online calculators! grin

Congratulations Lottimum!!
Thanks Carolyn grin Sending lots of sticky baby dust your way as well. ((hugs))

Ok everyone another update!

Have just returned from seeing the Dr and having another scan, baby is fine and heartbeat is fine too which is a relief! Although what they did notice is that my placenta is low hence why I am bleeding. Has anyone else been told they have this problem and what to do??
Hi All,
I've had a horrible week. Last Thursday had some major spotting and freaked out assuming the worst. It ended up lasting a couple of days. Went to the Dr on the Friday and cervix was closed and then had hcg tests done that afternoon and then again on the Monday morning and levels were good and increasing at the right rate. Felt relieved for all of one day because I have started lightly spotting again today - quite minor compared to last week. It is incredibly stressful and exhausting worry about it constantly. I've read a lot of stuff about spotting in early pregnancy over the last week! Dr didn't think an early scan was necessary after good hcg results but I feel like I'm going to go out of my mind if I don't have some more reassurance. Do you think I should push for a early scan?
BZNZ wrote:
Hi All,
I've had a horrible week. Last Thursday had some major spotting and freaked out assuming the worst. It ended up lasting a couple of days. Went to the Dr on the Friday and cervix was closed and then had hcg tests done that afternoon and then again on the Monday morning and levels were good and increasing at the right rate. Felt relieved for all of one day because I have started lightly spotting again today - quite minor compared to last week. It is incredibly stressful and exhausting worry about it constantly. I've read a lot of stuff about spotting in early pregnancy over the last week! Dr didn't think an early scan was necessary after good hcg results but I feel like I'm going to go out of my mind if I don't have some more reassurance. Do you think I should push for a early scan?

Hi BZNZ I would ask for a ultrasound to make sure all is ok with the baby, I had one doen yesterday as Ive had a couple days of light brown spotting and looks like I might have a Subchorionic Hemorrhage (or Hematoma) which is causing mine. The baby had a heart rate (a lil low but it prob just started beating the day before so doc wasnt worried) yesterday at 5weeks 6days and my levels are in a good spot, I am going to my Obs tomorrow to get checked out and see if the bleeding is fixing itself. Also found I have a abnormal sac which has a tiny bit of jagged edge but doc said not to worry. Its hard not to worry but at least im gettting the right treatment/care and being watched and I also know the baby is still holding on.

FX for you but def ask for a early scan for your piece of mind. GL x

Sign in to follow this topic