Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. What Month Is Your Baby Due?
  5. Is anyone else out there having or had Twins

Is anyone else out there having or had Twins Lock Rss

Hi There

I am pregnant for the first time. I am in the early stages and have already had a few complications. I am 8 weeks and had to have an ultrasound a few weeks ago as I was bleeding. This turned out to be ok. But while in there I discovered that I have Twins!!! So while still trying to get my head around the fact of one baby I now have two to try and get the head around. I am also B- but have already been to the hospital and been given and injection to help with that incase both the babies are different blood types.

So am happy about that but feel really scared at the same time. If anyone out there has any advice or suggestions to help me feel at ease that would be great!!!! (My partner already has 2 children from a previous relationship...but twins is all new to him as well) So we are both over the moon but scared at the same time.

Jo, QLD, 4 year old boy and Triplet 2 year old boy

Hi,
I had my twins 22/10/04. I too found out I was having twins early on at (6 weeks), due to early bleeding. They were born at 32 weeks and are both now home and doing well. One was 1.2kg the other 2.4kg.
I also have a 2 yr old and find that the twins are so much easier then she was.
Any questions feel free to ask.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi

I am having twin boys in April 2005.

I have a 5 year old daughter already. It took us a long time to make the decision to have another child, so when we found out we were having twins it was a very rude shock.

I have come to terms with it now, and think it will be a lot of hard work but very exciting and rewarding at the same time.

Happy to chat and share stories

Cheers Martine

Martine, NSW, Expecting Twins in April 2005

Congratulations to both of you, yes it is a very big shock when you find out, but it is so amazing.
All I can see is get them both into a routine early, and put them to bed awake from day one, that way you won't be up all night rocking them to sleep.
Mine are 4 weeks old now and settle them selves off to sleep most of the time, exceapt if they have a little pain and need a burp. But they are so good.

Hi Janelle

I just got your reply.

Whereabouts in Sydney are you? Do you have boys or girls or both? What are their names.

Its funny because you think you are the only one out there, but there is always someone else.

How are you coping with it all?

Love to chat further

Cheers Martine

Hi Martine,
I live in Cherrybrook, Sydney.
They are identical twin boys, although look different at the moment due to very different birth weights.
Names Ryan and Daniel. I had them at North Shore Hospital in the public because they were early and then transferd back to the private. Where are you from and where are you having yours?
It seems a lot easier the second time round I have a 2 yr old as well.
How is your 5 yr old going knowing there is two on the way?

Hi Janelle

This is great...

I am having twin boys..not sure whether they are identical or fraternal. The ultra sound says they are unlikely to be identical because the membrane is too thin or something like that anyway. My last scan one twin was 720g and the other was 670g.

I am having them at North Shore Public as well. I live in Chatswood. Not too far away.

How early where you? I am 26weeks now and am beginning to stress because the doctor told me that 50percent of twin births come between 30-35 weeks. Thats only in 4 weeks time.

Did you have them naturally or Caesarean?

Your two year old must keep you busy? Boy or Girl?

Morgan (my daughter) is so excited. I think she will be a great little helper. She was a bit annoyed when I told her they were boys, but we just sold it too her that she is going to be the only special girl and the princess of the family.

Hi Again,
Do you know if you have one placenta or two?
One placenta is normally identical with just a membrane seperating them, or otherwise two placentas with two sacs-fraternal.
The weights seem pretty good at the moment considering 26 weeks.
I had mine at 32 weeks due to loss of amniotic fluid around one and extra around the other. The little one had only grown 200 grams in 5 weeks, and the big one went over board and grew 1.2 kgs.
Their birth weights were 1.2kgs and 2.4kgs.
The bigger one had all the problems and the little one was fine. They are officially 12 weeks old now.
Yes had a caeser as they especially wanted to get the little one out quick smart.
anyway you can email me at
janelle@tinylifeimages.com
if you want any info about other things

Thanks Janelle

I have two placenta, but the doctors said they can still be identical.

Thanks for the email address. Mine is almarti@idx.com.au

Speak soon and take care

Cheers Martine

Hello,

I am 36 weeks pregnant with identical twin boys. This is my first pregnancy and when i found out i was having two on top of just finding out i was pregnant i was quite shocked. It took me a while to get used to the idea but now that we are used to it my partner and i are so excited!

My pregnancy has been pretty good. I finished work early (26 weeks), and have been relaxing since then, and that is probably why in some ways that i am still pregnant. I am looking to be induced next week sometime and can't wait to meet my babies.

If you want to chat my email is bjandrachel@aapt.net.au and even though i don't know much about having newborn twins yet (will soon!!), i know lots about the pregnancy and about being a twin (as i am an identical twin myself!).

Good luck with your pregnancy,

Rachel.

Rachel, ACT, Twin boys due Feb 05

Hello everyone, my name is michelle and i am 24yrs old married and expecting twins. This came as quite a shock as neither of us has twins in our families. they are not identilcle as they have their own placentas or sacs as hubby likes to call them.
it took a while for me to come to terms with but now i am over the moon. They are due in on the 22nd june. i would love to chat to other mothers expecting twins.

Mum to Taniesha & Braydon born on the 8th June 05

Hi Racheal, Michelle, Martine,
Congrats to you expectant mums.
It's quite funny I think all of us mentioned the word SHOCK, in our stories. I for one just didn't even think about any kind of possibility of twins, so when we got told I think my husband nearly collapsed on the spot. I on the other hand just laughed, and thought "okay well now there's two" I still don't think its hit me yet and they have been here for 13 weeks.
Wow, Rachael you have done so well to get to 36 weeks considering they are identical. Do you have a rough idea of their sizes yet? It must be such an amazing experience for you having twins with being one.
Almarti I have never heard of identicals been with different placentas, I always thought 1 placenta identical, 2 placentas fraternal I could be wrong though.

I have said this before, and will stress again, just get them into a routine early, I think I was lucky with mine being in hospital for 6 weeks (well not lucky that they came early) that they were in such a good routine when they came home, and I haven't budged off it. I pretty much stick to what the hospital did, and I also don't handle them and over stimulate them too much.
I suppose because of my first daughter, I know how bad a unroutined, unsettled baby can get. And it can get pretty bad.
Well those of you who are very close good luck, and let us know how it went and what you had.
Talk soon

Sign in to follow this topic