Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Gosford Hospital anyone? Lock Rss

Hi,

I am due to have my 2nd bub on 25 January 2006.

Just wondering if anyone else is going through Gosford Hospital at around the same time???
I plan on going to Wyong to have my baby girl, due 21/08/05, but if my iron levels don't come up by my next midwifes appointment I will be sent to Gosford. I have never been to Gosford hospital so I really don't want to go there, but if it means that baby and I are safer then I will do whatever it takes. This is my first so I am very excited. I only have about 4 or 5 weeks to go. I hope all goes well for you.

Hi,

I am having my bub in Gosford Hospital, however I am not due till March 20th.

I am going through the Community Midwife Blue Team for the third time. They are almost like family now smile

I find that my only problem with Gosford is the lack of available parking and the cost. Even when you go into labour you have to drive around looking for a park and then if you park in the paying section you have to keep going back to the car to top up. There must be a better way.

I wish you all the best for your pregnancy and birth.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

Hi all,

I ended up giving birth at Gosford as planned, but on the 24th oct. It all went pretty well, but I didn't get to have the water birth i wanted, because bub's heart rate kept dropping so they had to attach a moniter to her head, which kept me in close vacinity of the bed for the whole labour. The first midwife i had seemed really good, but then it was change over and i got a different midwife, who was ok, but wasn't really helpful or supportive to me. If it had been left to the staff, i would have ended up lying on the bed on my back for the whole birth (which i really didn't want to do) so keep in mind, if you want to change positions, don't wait for the staff to ask you if you want to, or before you know it you'll have had the baby!

I stayed at Gosford for 2 days after the birth, because i was told i wasn't aloud to go to wyong because my baby wouldn't latch on. During that time there, i was pretty much left to my own, even though i was very stressed and needed help ( i'm a very shy and nervous person)

I understand (being a nurse also) that its very hard for the nurses due to staffing, but i guess i'm trying to say, that for me it was very easy to get swept under the rug and forgotten about. So just keep pressing the buzzer for their help even if you feel bad like i did!

I finally got transferred to wyong after the 2 days, and that was only because i'd gotten sooooooooo stressed that i couldn't stop crying, which forced them to notice me. Wyong was alot better - the single rooms make a big difference... the only thing i found distressing about wyong was the way they REALLY press the issue of breastfeeding. Even though i was having a hell of a time with it and was completely stressed out, they kept pushing, and even when i had run out of expressed milk and couldn't get any more out, i had to sign an agreement in order for them to get some formula for my baby after hours of her crying and crying because she was hungry and i had nothing for her - very stressful and draining experience!

So, all in all... good people... just try and speak up for yourself and go with your gut instinct! Don't be afraid to speak up like i was!

1st bub "Ella" born 24/10/05

Sign in to follow this topic