Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

c-section @ 37 weeks Rss

Hi I may be having a c-section (4th) @ 37 weeks. I was wondering if anyone else had had a c-section done at this time, and if so were there any complications.... such as babies breathing etc.... Just another quick question is 37 weeks considered premature or not?

Thank you very much in advance..

Rainbowbaby
Hi! I had a c-section done at 38 weeks, and as far as I know there were no problems. I don't think 37 weeks is considered premature at all in most cases. My cousin had her baby at 36 weeks and all was fine. Good luck!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

hello Rainbow baby

I just had my 2nd c/s @ 37weeks on the 29/6/05. I was told that the baby would be "prem". I was meant to go at 38wks but was in to much pain and the other reason been that my 1st child was 10/b 6oz.

Noah was doing fine he was born 7lb 9oz (nice size for 3wks early). He was not in the nursey at all. He did end up with Jaundince but thats was coz of the prem side of things. We came home in 3 days and all is good. And he went from 20mls to 70mls before we left the hospital.

If you want to know anything else u can email me happy to answer any other questions

aj222003@hotmail.com

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

Sign in to follow this topic