Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First Babies-Usually Late??? Rss

Hi there all.
I'm now 3 days past my due date and getting really anxious about baby coming... this is my first bubs. Is this common? Any tips on bringing on labour? I've tried a few things, but nothing seems to work...
Please Help!

1st bub "Ella" born 24/10/05

I could tell you all the old wives tales in the world that are meant to bring on labour, but hun I think you would find they are a waste of time money etc (ie didn't work for me at all).

All I can say is bub will come when bub is ready.

Most babies are born past the due date too. Just remember that the docs will not let you go past 42 weeks so you really only have 1 1/2 weeks maz left of being pregnant enjoy it.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Hi just wanted to wish you the best of luck. It is comman for your first bub to be a little late. isn't It a amazing feeling to know that you will be a mum any day now.

mum to ryan 10-05-05

hi shell,
i was told by a midwife to have plently of sex as the sperm helps ripen the cervix.
good luck

Amina, mum of 3 boys 06/03, 03/05, 06/08

Hi there, When I was pregnant with my first, the last few weeks were agonising as you just want it over with, because you are tired of the uncomfortable sleeping, back ache and people asking " are you still here"!!! My first and second were 3 days late, I ate lots of licorice (old wives tale) with my 2nd - gee I wish I hadn't-as you can imagine - poor Doctor!!!

But it is so exciting just enjoy (try) the last few days.

Hi i had my first baby 14 weeks and 5 days ago. He was 9 days early so first bubs r not always late. Just a tip, but it might not happen to you, I felt really yuk on the friday before i had him, I ended up having him at 12.55am on Monday!!

Tracey,NSW

Sign in to follow this topic