Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Has anyone had... Lock Rss

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a breech birth naturally. As in no ceasar???

If so what was it like? Would you recommend it? Or opt for the ceasar?

Ebony

Hi there
both of my girls were breech but cesear and out of 6 kids my mum had only one not breech and only one breech naturally which was me she said that she had to have an episiotomy and they basically cut the whole way from vagina to anus not all the way through of course but nearly she had so many stitches she said it was by far more painful and took her longer to recover then the cesears she had after that, she says she wished that they had done a cesear for me as it wasnt worth it so i think she would reccomend a cesear, especially if its your first
hope that helped
violet

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

not me but a friend had her 3rd bub naturally in breech position as her 1st 2 were big bubs the doc "allowed" her to do it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

If you go through public system you have virtually zero chance of going natural with a breech.
My Obs told me that with my twins I would have been coerced into a caesar if I had been public, but that wasnt totally to do with twinII being breech.
I don't know where you would find the statistics but I have been told that the complications from the breech delivery of a normal baby are more likely than from a caesar. And face it, so few Obs have done breech.

If you are near the Sutherland Shire in Sydney I'll give you the name of my last Obs as he had a lot of experience doing breech births outside Australia.

The bottom line is a vag birth is not worth the risk to self or baby if the Doc does not have the experience to keep you both safe.

PS why do you ask Ebony? When are you due?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic