Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. The more kids you have does the labor get easier???

The more kids you have does the labor get easier??? Lock Rss

Is it true that the more children that you give birth to, the easier it gets??

amanda nsw mum of 2 preg with 3rd

Hi Amanda,

Like you we have two kids and are also pregnant with our third.

My first labour was 10 hours of established labour plus about 8 hours of what they called pre-labour. I ended up being given the inducing drip to speed things up.

With my second I had the gel inserted in the night and the following morning I had a 1 hour 57 minute labour. Thats from first contraction till birth. Way too fast, but an amazing experience.

I don't hope that labour gets shorter but I hope that I will find it easier to cope with having been there done that twice before. I also think that my DH found it easier second time round as he knew more of what was happening - he is very relaxed this time.

I feel that labour was still hard but other things were easier, like confidence, breastfeeding and how to handle baby. I feel thats where we have the advantage, as I feel the aftermath is the biggest battle.

Good Luck.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

I remember reading a book written by a homebirth midwife, her general rule was 1st labour is long, 2nd is quick and anything after that is unpredictable! But i do know that once your body has already done the dilating and actually giving birth it's easier the next time, it's like your body remembers.
My first birth was long and difficult, and ended in a ventouse delivery, my second baby was absolutely perfect, four hour very mild labour and a few casual pushes with her dad delivering her, #no 3 was her twin and a c/s, grrr! Hopefully this one will follow #2's example!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

I had 4 boys then a girl. The oldest has just turned 7 and the youngest (girl ) is just 7 mths, she was a surprise. All the labours & deliveries were different. 1st & 2nd natural, 3rd emergency caesar-no labour, 4th labour but retained placenta-theatre to remove & 5th caesar decided 1 day before. All 100% different & I'm not a big person - only 32yrs now

rhonda,5 children

Sign in to follow this topic