Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Stiches Lock Rss

Hi girls. How many of you had stiches with baby number 1 and not with subsequent babies?
And how many of you had stitches for number 1 and stiches for subsequent babies?
Thanks smile
Hi,
Assuming you are talking about an episiotomy. I had it with both of mine yay lol. It was worse with my first though.
Cheers
Rachel

I had Vaginal birth with all 3 of mine, but I haven't required stitches with any of the births.
I am pretty proud and excited about that effort, considering one was 4460g and another was 4600g (and born in an hour 13 mins)....... Pelvic Floor exercises ROCK!!!!!!
I had 3 or 4 stitches internally with DD (6lb 10oz)
and with DS i had none (8lb 2 oz)

Nothing to see here folks!!

I had them with DD1 but not DD2 who was bigger. Weird, cos at the time I was yelling 'I'm tearing, I'm tearing!' Had DD2 in the bath but not sure that it made a difference.
I have had stitches on my first in and out I made a mess of down stairs but that's what I get for big bubs thou. Also had about the same for my fourth but that was because they new bub to big and cut me so a bit neater supposably not as thou I had any intensions on looking down there. But all the same I was just so happy with bub I got over them in a couple of days.

Hi,
I had two stitches with DD but none with DS who was 1 ounce bigger!
I had stitches with my first as I had a second degree tear and an episiotomy.

I also had stitches with my second due to a second degree tear only because he came out with his hand beside his head. But the second time recovery was so much quicker and easier than the first.
I'm due for number two in just over 2 weeks so I'll let you know how this one goes but with my first i had a completely natural birth with no drugs at all and i had 5 or 6 stitches and about 3 or 4 of them where internal. If some of you have never had a baby are wondering how you get internal stitches...well it's just because after you have bubs your inside parts and slightly more see-able and open so it doesn't hurt when they stitch you up or anything ....you just put your legs up in the stirrups and the bed raised...then a little pick of anesthetic and they stitch you.

I had the cut 1st time as I had assisted delivery. It was yucky, used ice on condoms for the pain for about 3 days, took about 2 week to heal. Hurt like hell everytime I had to pee. Sex hurt for almost a year.

Second time I had a tear the same length, but much less stiches, healed heaps quicker in days, no ice needed.

for bub #2 did heaps of redaing on epsiotimy, and I will NEVER consent to it, in fact I stipulated that I would rather tear than be cut. All the research shows tears heal quicker, are less painfull, go through less layers of tissue and less severe in nearly all cases than a cut (which can still also tear). And not all tears need stiches.

Brissie mum 5 & 2 y.o munchkins & 1 due

I had an episiotomy with my first, so lots of stitches (from memory it was around 15) and with my second who was a fairly quick delivery I tore before my OBGYN got there.
I did ask him how many I had and he replied enough, I don't think you really want to know, so I left it at that.
Aparently it was a t shape tear! OUCH
I had a third degree tear with both my babies and stitches galore!

Luckily I don't have any real side effects, other than a bit of tenderness at the scar sight, which will probably be with me forever.

Joanne, WA, DD 22.05.06 & DS 04.10.07

Sign in to follow this topic