Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caeser under general anaesthetic Rss

Hi everyone

I would love to hear any stories/tips about having an elective C under general anaesthetic.

Having an anxiety disorder I know I won't cope with being awake so I am choosing to be fully knocked out. Even though I know this is best for me I still feel guilty.

So any reassurances would be great (scarey stuff is welcomed too)

Love Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi

I think i would talk to my obstetrician about this if i was you. I was told the total opposite - that it didnt cross to the baby as if it did, they wouldnt do it. i was due to have a general anaesthetic for my elective ceaser as no-one was confident to do a spinal block after my spinal operaiton but at the last minute we found someone who was courageous and good enough to do it!!
my doc advised againt a general as he said your stomach doesnt empty fully during preganancy which leads to problems with the anasthetic . it isnt too bad being awake u get to hold the bub immedaitely etc. but my hubby fainted during our 2nd sons birth coz he had to look . so when i was taken to recovery he was already there in the bed opposite. but at our 3rd sons birth 14 months later he had recoverd enough to even cut the cord. good luck you will be fine

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

hi
i had to be knocked out to do my c sect. but only beacuse it was an emergency and i was beging them to put me to sleep. i didn't want the needle in my back. my sis in law had the needle in the back and they had to do it 4 times.
when i woke up i felt a bit grogy and tired and i had a realy dry mouth and couldn't talk much until i had a good drink but i thought it was the best thing. if i ever had to do another c sect i would definatly do a it that way again.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Hi
Am glad i read your story it has helped my nerves a bit am thirty six weeks thirty seven on friday. My little one wont turn,they offered to manlipulate but i didnt feel comfortable with that. They say i had to book a c section as baby is too big to be boen breach, i have gestional diabetes and high blood pressure. Am booked in for the 6/10/04. Am excited but nervous i have to tell them Wednesday that i want a GA instead of epidural.They almost paralised my sister with a epidural so they will surely do it with me as i have a bad back. I kind of know what happens with GA c section from my vet nursing days.But was still a bit afraid.
Mandy Wa eda 6/10/04
Mandy

Your little bubby is going to have the same birthday as me smile

Steph

Hi Steph
My little one is actually coming three days after my birthday.It has worked out quite well,I have a stepdaughter that lives with us she is eleven and she is a gemini her birthday is eleven days before her dads.So my little one is going to be a librane like its mum.Am so nervous cause this is the first time being a new mum.My husband says I am already mum but just not a toddler mum.I meet my husband and stepdaughter about four years ago so she was already past baby stage. I am a bit worried incase she feels left out must be hard for her.She had her dad all to herself for eleven years she is very close to him as he was single father.Have reasured her that she is my own just like this little one on the way.
you'll be fine and we are all always here if you need us.

Librians rock smile

Steph

Thanks Steph how is your little one going
Hi Mandy

Bennett is going really well he came in bed with us at about 6:30 this morning and he and i had good snoozes till about 9:30 - gotta be happy with that.

He is having an op for his tongue tie on friday so that is a little be stressful.

Talk soon

Steph

Am sure everything will be fine. You watch good luck for friday will keep thought for you.
Sign in to follow this topic