Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

what does this mean???? Lock Rss

HI there

i went to my doctor yesterday as i was and still am in a great deal of pain with my back ache... anyway when the doctor felt my tummy she said baby is right down but when she gave me an internal to see if anything was happening there she told me that my babys heads not sitting right... when i asked her what she ment she just said that he wasnt coming into my pelvis the right way so he cant engage himself properly and stay there she said the way hes positioned at the moment means she can push him back up.... i am so confussed as she said that its nothing to worry about but if he doesnt engage into my pelvis properly my chances of a c section are going to go up......

can anyone help me with info on what this is meant to mean as i cant find anything on the subject
please help.......

ruby

Renee d.o.b: 7/12/03, Aiden d.o.b: 22/12/05

hi sorry i can't give you any advice, but if your doc said it's nothing to worry about, then prob don't stress too much about it. If it's bothering you so much, why don't you give her a call tomorrow (if she is in), otherwise on Monday!! Just ask her to better explain the situation to you, so as you can put your mind at ease. How long until bub is due! Good luck, hope it all goes well for you ... keep us posted!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Of course I don't know what your dr meant but my first born came out forehead first instead of the back of the head, officially called brow presentation I believe. It meant forceps and was a long labour. I was talking to my midwife the other day as my baby is slightly posterior about the chances of moving much at this late stage and she told me of a lady who's baby's head was really high up and she was really worried about how the labour would go, but when she went into labour it all fell into place and there was no problem in the end.
Hope all is well for you and that your dr can explain the situation more clearly for you.

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

hi, i was told same thing & midwife explained that as you get closer to going into labour, your baby's head moves further down into position until it is engaged. She could still push my baby's head back up at 38 weeks but this was nothing to worry about as some don't actually engage properly till you are in labour. My bub was also back to front to the way they are supposed to position for birth, but turned to correct position while in labour. Midwife said this is quite common as well and can cause backache during labour which I had. I had a normal birth induced by gel 11days over & healthy baby girl. So don't worry & good luck!

Qld, Mum of Olivia 27/9/05

can i just say that sometimes that doctors dont know what is going on. Labor and childbirth are such unpredictable things. I was told that with my daughter i was not effaced, not dialated and she was in the wrong position so i was much more likely to have a cesarean right up to the day i went into labor. In the end it turned out i had a wonderful labor and birth and my baby ended up turning by herself during labor. You body and baby know what they are doing. Women have been doing this since the beginning of time! Trust yourself and your baby!

Mumma of 2

Sign in to follow this topic