Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. I need some advice or help on natural inductions I

I need some advice or help on natural inductions I Lock Rss

I was woundering if anyone could help me out a little bit....
I just got out of hospital last week because i was going into eirly labour but they ended up stoping it...
Im 20 and 38weeks pregnant today this is my 3rd pregnancy but the first two ended in a miscarage last year...
I had a scan on the 22.09.08 and they told me that my baby's head is very, very low....I have been getting really bad presure and sometimes it hurts to walk around, at the scan my baby weighed 5pound 9 so i think he wouldnt do to bad if he came now...
I want to start trying out things to nduce myself so that i dont go over 40weeks ....

Please Help Someone

[Edited on 14/10/2008]

apparently hot bath, hot sex and hot curry is supposed to work. I don't think so coz I'm STILL pregnant but it won't hurt you to try.
Some people say raspberry leaf tea helps but that hasn't helped me either.
Blue and black cohosh but you need to be careful with that.
Accupressure... I'm not sure exactly what points though and massage.
I used to think that sex 2 or 3 times a day definately worked because my first 3 babies were all a month early and we had a very healthy sex life, but this is my 4th and we still have a very healthy sexlife but I'm now 2 days over. I'm starting to think that you can't really induce yourself unless the baby and your body are already ready.
Good luck though!!

boys, boys, boys

apparently hot bath, hot sex and hot curry is supposed to work. I don't think so coz I'm STILL pregnant but it won't hurt you to try.
Some people say raspberry leaf tea helps but that hasn't helped me either.
Blue and black cohosh but you need to be careful with that.
Accupressure... I'm not sure exactly what points though and massage.
Walking and going up and down stairs if that's not painful for you. lots of walking.
I used to think that sex 2 or 3 times a day definately worked because my first 3 babies were all a month early and we had a very healthy sex life, but this is my 4th and we still have a very healthy sexlife but I'm now 2 days over. I'm starting to think that you can't really induce yourself unless the baby and your body are already ready.
Good luck though!!

boys, boys, boys

I have attached a link below to some accupressure info. It is mostly about natural pain relief in labour, but a number of the points can be stimulated prior to labour to help speed things up (apparently). Let me know if it works, because it looks like I'm going to be having a BIG bubba, and would like to go early, if possible!

Good Luck!

http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/downloads/Acupressure.pdf
I had tried all of the above, and absolutely nothing worked. I also heard that walking worked, so I was walking about 5-10 km a day, but my baby was still a FULL 2 weeks late. Needless to say, I was absolutely exhausted during labour, but it also lasted for 42 hours... hopefully that wont happen with number 2. Hope you can find something that works for you, but just try and relax, becuase you will have alot of work ahead of you! Good Luck

<a

hi

i was told by a naturopath to have a warm bath with 2-3 drops of pure lavender oil in it . it worked for me the next day bubs was born 9 days early. oh and get a exercise ball to rock on.
hope this helps

Hey I started trying everything at 38 weeks to try bring on labour.I tryed walking heaps everyday,excerises a midwife showed me,raspberry leaf tea,hot curries,lavender oil,bumpy car rides,some pressure point things..and at the moment I am 8 days over due..So really nothing works until your body and bub are ready =]

Sign in to follow this topic