Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Raspberry Leaf... tablets or tea ???

Raspberry Leaf... tablets or tea ??? Lock Rss

Hello Everyone,

I was just hoping to get some opinions on the raspberry leaf tea or tablets...

Which did you take?

Which did you prefer?

Why?

I have been doing some research about it and trying to make my mind up as to which will be better for me.

Thanks...

Oh also does the tea taste ok?
Maybe it was just a different brand from some other people but the tea was lovely. I think they will both be about the same effectiveness but taking the tablets will be much less of a hassle and also during these hot months you don't want to be drinking lots hot teas, as you have to have quite a few for the effects. You could just try them both together, just make sure it's not overdone. I don't know how much is reccomended to take so maybe look on a reliable internet site and go from there

Thanks for the response....

I will do some more research into it... I am not looking to start taking anything until i am about 30+ weeks or more....

smile
On the blackmores bottle you can start taking them at the begining of the third trimester [29wks]

I'm taking tablets this time, I'm already ddrinking other herb teas, so adding a few cups of rasp leaf was not an option!

I started taking mine from 32 weeks, but herbalists do say it is safe to take all through pregnancy, some give it to help with uterine health even when you are ttc, and to help prevent miscarriage, and it can also be effective against irritable uterus.

I got the brand "Herbs of gold" as you only need to take 2 tablets a day, some of the other brands are 3 tablets 3 - 4 times a day, and I never can remember to do that LOL

All the best, I hope you get good results from it smile

homebirthing mum to three boys!

Double post
[Edited on 05/01/2009]

triple post!
[Edited on 05/01/2009]

Hi Cyathea!
Where did you buy the "herbs of gold" brand? A healthfood store?? I only found blackmores tablets in a chemist, though it was probably a small chemist...and i don't want to have to buy 1 little bottle of that every week at $10/wk (as I'm 36 weeks)..

Thanks in advance
Mon grin
Yes, at the healthfood shop. A bottle of 60 tablets is $19.95, so they are good value as well.

Hello I just wanted to say that i liked the tea better. I really liked the taste and I also have trouble swallowing tablets and the rasberry leaf ones that i bought were MASSIVE. GAG! i bought the tea and tablets from the health food store.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/5os2ev.jpg[/IMG][IMG]h

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Grasstree1
Hi Cyathea!
Where did you buy the "herbs of gold" brand? A healthfood store?? I only found blackmores tablets in a chemist, though it was probably a small chemist...and i don't want to have to buy 1 little bottle of that every week at $10/wk (as I'm 36 weeks)..

Thanks in advance
Mon <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span> [/quote]

I found the herbs of gold raspberry leaf tablets (2mg) on a site called Complete health
heres the link -
[url]http://www.completehealth.com.au/Pro ducts/Raspberry_Leaf__60_tablets.aspx[/ur l]
take two just before you go to bed <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

ETA - They helped me heaps and I didnt start them until I was 35wks
[Edited on 05/01/2009]

im glad i found this thread - i have been thinking about it alot. Im 30 weeks now, so should i start taking them? i think i'll go the tabs as tea in this weather is not an option!! but i may buy some tea too incase i feel like cuppa lol

Sign in to follow this topic