Hi Kroons (again!)

I have had both emergency c section and a vbac and I even though the vbac left me with a partial 3rd degree tear I would do it all again in a heartbeat. The only reason I ended up with a tear this bad was because bubs was born with her fist on her cheek (a thumb sucker through and through!) and I pushed too quickly at the end. The midwives were telling me to slow down but I was not listening to them. If I had controlled things more the tear may not have even occured.

I have recovered well from my stitches and have had no after effects. It was a little uncomfortable for a while but I still think it was much easier to recover from than the c section.

It was really nice to be able to walk back to my room with my baby in my arms and not have to lay in bed with tubes everywhere. It was great to be able to remember the first 24 hours with bubs too.

Also coming home to a toddler who wanted cuddles and lifting was easy to cope with given I did not have a sore tummy.

I was scared to go through all the labour again and possibly end up with another c section but I am glad now that I did it.

In the end though what matters is that you do what you feel is right for you, don't let anyone rail road you into something you don't want to do.

Kristi