Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. looking for info on twin deliveries

looking for info on twin deliveries Rss

hi there, i am expecting twins in june, and after going to antenatle classes they are sort of push mulitiple to have a c section birth? is this really normal or do you have the choice?
My sister just had twins last Wed and she had a caesar but this was only because the bottom baby was breach!
Her ob wanted her to have them naturally as she has 2 other kids and they were natural births and he said natural was best for her except that teh baby was breach, so she had a caesar last Wed as i mentioned!
I think it depends on your doctor, you personally and what your situation is with your bubs and how they are and what position they are in!
Have a chat with your doctor and see if he can give you some answers!!!
Good Luck!
xxx

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Hi lisa, as far as I know you have the choice, but like kelly said it depends on how the babies are positioned, I am having twins in April and my lead twin is breech so I am going to be booked in for c section - at the end of the day I am willing to do whatever is best for the babies and me at the time.

Maybe you should discuss this with your midwife. I know if the lead twin wasn't breech and was head down then I would have had a natural birth as they can turn the second baby if it is breech after the first has come out.

Denise, NZ

You can do whatever you want, remember that.
I had to fight to get to have my twins vaginally, and i had a no-risk pregnancy, went full-term, and both were head down. Plus i'd already had one vaginal delivery.
They do push you to have a c/s, but in the end it's your decision, and you should be supported. Do your own research and decide what's best. And be willing to change caregivers if they're not amendable with what you decide, for no good reason. I didn't find my fantastic ob until 32 weeks!
Good luck!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

I know of a friend who nearly lost one of her twins becasue the second didnt turn and they couldnt get her to theatre fast enough.
Yet I had another friend who delivered naturally at 34 weeks.
Another ended up with emergency c-section due to bad pre-eclampsia.
Do what you like, but if you go naturally have in the back of your mind that you may need a c-section. That way if you do you wont be disapointed.
I have not had twins.

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic